I'm now a proud owner of a Hawk!

OCtoolguy

I met the fellow who had the Hawk 226VS on Craigslist this morning and long story short, I bought it and brought it home. Now, all I have to do is figure out where to put it. Other than some surface corrosion on a couple of parts, this saw is like new. I can't wait to give it a run but first I must do the clean -up. I am open for any and all advice from you experienced Hawk owners.

20190320_122828.jpg

20190320_122835.jpg

20190320_122841.jpg

Hawk saw.jpg

20190320_122852.jpg

Edited by octoolguy

7 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Now, all I have to do is figure out where to put it. 

Congrats.. hope it turns out to be a great saw for you..

Hey, I have a real good idea where that could go since you're short on space..... 😂

Looks like a pretty nice saw.. I'll message you later with some info on tuning that Bushton sent me.. Not sure why they don't have this in their manuals.. but if you take it apart it's great info on re-aliening the saw..

1 hour ago, octoolguy said:

I met the fellow who had the Hawk 226VS on Craigslist this morning and long story short, I bought it and brought it home. Now, all I have to do is figure out where to put it. Other than some surface corrosion on a couple of parts, this saw is like new. I can't wait to give it a run but first I must do the clean -up. I am open for any and all advice from you experienced Hawk owners.

20190320_122828.jpg

20190320_122835.jpg

20190320_122841.jpg

Hawk saw.jpg

20190320_122852.jpg

LOOKS ALL WRONG!!! Don't use it!!!

In fact, I'll send you my address and you can ship it to me to keep you safe. RFJ😆

20 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

It's too bad you're not closer to me. I'd make you one heck of a deal on my Dewalt. 

You can visit Mount Rushmore with it in the back of the car. We can meet in some dark alley and make a deal! RJF

Went within a hairs breath to a Lakota Indian Reservation. They sponsored a free dental clinic. Except for Purple Heart, vets and their family don't get dental care. Was worth the drive and hotel stay to get our family to dental. RJF

https://www.ramusa.org/

19 minutes ago, Rolf said:

This is an older Hawk so not sure it will top feed.  I would buff out the top with a  fine scotch bright.  Then paste wax and keep wiping it until you have no more black on the wipes.

Thanks Rolf. I was wondering what to use on the table. I have a cone shaped attachment for my drill that I used once on the aluminum wheels for our car. I have some great cleaner too. I'll get that table so it looks back at me.

Well, I got her into my shop and got the Dewalt out. Now just gotta get it sold. The Hawk was dirty but she's cleaned up now and I did some lubing. With a new blade and properly tensioned, it runs as smooth as silk at top speed but has some vibration in the middle a bit. Nothing to worry about but I haven't really torn into her yet. Got a video to watch and some reading to do thanks to Kevin.

4 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

Congrats.. hope it turns out to be a great saw for you..

Hey, I have a real good idea where that could go since you're short on space..... 😂

Looks like a pretty nice saw.. I'll message you later with some info on tuning that Bushton sent me.. Not sure why they don't have this in their manuals.. but if you take it apart it's great info on re-aliening the saw..

Hi Kevin. I have never done any tuning on my saw so don't know if it needs it or not. I would appreciate receiving that info.

Never did any tuning on my saw since I had it. Do not see what there is to tune. That top looks different. Is that aluminum??  Looks like it is painted or one of those synthetic materials. It looks newer than mine because of the articulating hose. Back when I bought mine they did not have that to offer. You were able to buy the kit to adapt it later. The key is get it to lay naturally wherever you set it up. That includes loosening the leg bolts to let it settle and then tighten. Learn the blade tightening lever in the back. There are videos on their site as well as utube. I have said this more than once. Rarely do I ever touch that unless I switch to jewelers blades. Clean the clamps off of oils and maybe need to sand screws down. Enjoy. You will like the saw. Good luck.