I'm now a proud owner of a Hawk!

OCtoolguy

Ray this is the drafting stool I use. Bought it on Amazon.I deliberately did not want a back rest as I lean into my work. My vision won't permit me to lean back and scroll. The seat is extremely comfortable. It is 16" wide. Perfect for a big butt. It is adjustable so I can use it on both my lathe and saw. I have three. One in the scroll shop and two in my clock shop. They are like what you would find in a Dr's examining room.

1-20190326_192844.jpg

This is the stool I have and I placed a board on the lower rungs that I sit the foot switch on. Easy to adjust to any height and have a back rest when I need to take a break. Takes up no more room than any other chair. 

Ray good luck with whatever saw you finally end up with. There is a saw out there for you. . 😀

https://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/10132816/prod_1662822412?hei=546&wid=546&op_sharpen=1

Edited by JTTHECLOCKMAN

1 hour ago, Rockytime said:

Ray this is the drafting stool I use. Bought it on Amazon.I deliberately did not want a back rest as I lean into my work. My vision won't permit me to lean back and scroll. The seat is extremely comfortable. It is 16" wide. Perfect for a big butt. It is adjustable so I can use it on both my lathe and saw. I have three. One in the scroll shop and two in my clock shop. They are like what you would find in a Dr's examining room.

1-20190326_192844.jpg

It doesn't look tall enough. Do you rest your chin on the table?

51 minutes ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

This is the stool I have and I placed a board on the lower rungs that I sit the foot switch on. Easy to adjust to any height and have a back rest when I need to take a break. Takes up no more room than any other chair. 

Ray good luck with whatever saw you finally end up with. There is a saw out there for you. . 😀

https://c.shld.net/rpx/i/s/i/spin/10132816/prod_1662822412?hei=546&wid=546&op_sharpen=1

That is very similar to what I have but looks more comfortable. I need a softer seat too. Thanks for your kind efforts to appease me.

My shop looks that neat and organized about once every 2 years when I get the "I got to clean this up" disease.  And week later you can;'t tell I did anything LOL

Nice place, curious though, the Hawk seems (from the pics) to have the two front legs on that rubber mat, are the back legs on the mat too?  If not how is that working out with two legs on the mat?

Ray just a heads up on the stool that you have at your saw. All four legged stools were tossed at my work place because they are dangerous. When you push back from your saw If the legs catch on anything you will go over backwards.! All of my stools are now 5 legged on casters.  

Here is a picture of my mess, all it takes is one project.  and the stool that I am using.

My choice of flooring way back in 2005 was not so great either the diamond plate vinyl is tough to roll heavy machines on but better than concrete 

Hawk with stool.jpg

2 hours ago, Rolf said:

Ray just a heads up on the stool that you have at your saw. All four legged stools were tossed at my work place because they are dangerous. When you push back from your saw If the legs catch on anything you will go over backwards.! All of my stools are now 5 legged on casters.  

Here is a picture of my mess, all it takes is one project.  and the stool that I am using.

My choice of flooring way back in 2005 was not so great either the diamond plate vinyl is tough to roll heavy machines on but better than concrete 

Hawk with stool.jpg

Looking at your G4 and zoomed in.. that saw design is looking exactly like my new BM-26.. I think the changes they did are with the adjustable lower blade holder and the motor has a redesigned bearing plate deal for smoother running..  Often wondered how my new saw compared to the G4.. almost the same thing really.. 

Okay.. back on topic.. I like the idea of the rolling 5 legged stool..  I may have to look into one of those.. My stool is tipsy if you try pushing it back to get off the chair.. I'm used to it now and am careful..

7 hours ago, JimErn said:

My shop looks that neat and organized about once every 2 years when I get the "I got to clean this up" disease.  And week later you can;'t tell I did anything LOL

Nice place, curious though, the Hawk seems (from the pics) to have the two front legs on that rubber mat, are the back legs on the mat too?  If not how is that working out with two legs on the mat?

The two rear legs are just barely on the matting. Not sure yet of how I'm going to set the saw up but for now, it's ok.

4 hours ago, Rolf said:

Hawk with stool.jpg

Thanks Rolf. I am going to get rid of my shop chair. It's not comfortable at all. I never should have bought it in the first place. Oh well..you live and learn. Scrappile sent me a picture of his work station and I like the chair he has. He also included the link to where he got it. https://www.globalindustrial.com/. Not cheap by any means but if it works out, it doesn't matter. 

Paul's shop.jpg

5 hours ago, Rockytime said:

Hi Ray. Don't want to beat a dead horse but just for your info my stool height is from 19" up to 24".  I sit with the stool at 21". Floor to saw table is 42"  Yes, my chin is close to the table. If my lamp had a 2X diopter lens I could sit up more.

Thanks Les, I'm trying to gather as much info as I can. That helps knowing how you use your saw and where you sit. 

23 hours ago, dennis123 said:

Wow, that's way too organized!  How in the world do you ever find anything?

Dennis

Dennis, I assume that was directed at me. I never inherited the organizational skills from my German toolmaker father. My biggest problem is space and wood storage., Once I started doing Intarsia I lost all control.  I also have low ceilings so no room for cabinets or floor space for that matter. It is a constant battle that I am not winning.😂 

Scrappile I really like that chair.!

On 3/26/2019 at 7:03 PM, octoolguy said:

Here are a couple of pics of my little hideaway. 9 x 13 with one window. I am going to install a small window a/c unit above the window. My son was going to toss it so I figured, why not? I have come to the conclusion it's not the saw that is the problem but the stool. I must find one that is comfortable and has a bit more adjustment. I recall some of you buying draftsman stools. Would somebody put up a link to the one you chose? Thanks for looking.

20190326_171056.jpg

20190326_171107.jpg

20190326_171116.jpg

20190326_172138.jpg

20190326_172159.jpg

20190326_172203.jpg

20190326_172205.jpg

20190326_172418.jpg

Nice set up Ray, but that looks way to clean. You need to get some sawdust in there. I hope you like your Hawk. I love my two, just wish they were a little taller so I wouldn't have to sit down while using them.

Jim