Quick 'N Simple

Scrappile

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, rdatelle said:

Paul, is there a pattern somewhere for this holder. I would love to make one for a good friend of mine. I don't have a pick to use to go by. Thanks Ralph.

The pattern is in the Spring 2018 issue #70, of Scrollsaw Woodwooking and Crafts  article titled  "Heart Shaped Boxes", page 52.

17 minutes ago, rdatelle said:

Hi Paul, quick question. The 1/4 inch dowel that goes in the lid and the base, is the lid the only part that gets glues in and if so, how does the bottom part stay in so the lid turns.. Thanks, Ralph.

Yes the dowel is glued to the lid only.  The part going into the body needs to be a snug fit and is held by friction.  It it doesn't hold (mine if iffy), one could put a small magnet in the front of the body or  lid and a small screw/nail or something in the counter part for it to attach to.

7 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Yes the dowel is glued to the lid only.  The part going into the body needs to be a snug fit and is held by friction.  It it doesn't hold (mine if iffy), one could put a small magnet in the front of the body or  lid and a small screw/nail or something in the counter part for it to attach to.

Thanks Paul, I have everything cut out so far. I made four of them. I'll play around with the lid. Thanks again, Ralph.