36 Dusenberg

munzieb

You are a master with these wonderful patterns you make and then to execute the cuttings that leaves my mouth wide open in awe when I see them. I look at the top of the verticle grill pieces and it appears they must be all individual once they are cut. That must be the part you are talking about that you taped, some how, in order to make those unbelievable cuts. Not sure I will every be able to be good enough to execute those cuts. This is a beautifully done project. 

Dick

heppnerguy

11 hours ago, Woodmaster1 said:

Nice work, around here on Labor Day weekend you could sell a few of those for a good price. They have the Auburn Cord Duesenberg festival and auction every year.

My sister and B-I-L were at the museum a few years ago and thought it was great. I recently saw a Toutube video on the museum also.

6 hours ago, heppnerguy said:

You are a master with these wonderful patterns you make and then to execute the cuttings that leaves my mouth wide open in awe when I see them. I look at the top of the verticle grill pieces and it appears they must be all individual once they are cut. That must be the part you are talking about that you taped, some how, in order to make those unbelievable cuts. Not sure I will every be able to be good enough to execute those cuts. This is a beautifully done project. 

Dick

heppnerguy

Thanks Dick. I guess I explained the technique for the grill so it makes sense. I do love blue tape and going big helps!

11 minutes ago, Heli_av8tor said:

I was thinking the grill was no big deal. Then after I read your cutting explanation I went back to the picture and realized that the verticals are not connected at the top.

WOW!

Thanks, It's all doable with a plan and going big. Keep the cutoffs in place with blue tape and it works! Orbital sand the whole back to remove fuzz. Before lifting the whole pattern, remove the blue tape first and the individual pieces will drop out. I use "off" with an acid brush to remove the pattern. It lifts off easy.  

Edited by munzieb
Add text