Need a new cordless drill

rjweb

9 hours ago, new2woodwrk said:

the ones I buy are refurbished and work great

Something that many aren't aware of is just how much better chance you get of having a working tool when you buy refurb. New has a representative sample, one of x number produced, pulled off the line and tested. Every refurb tool gets tested. So, not only is refurb a better price, it's a tested and proven tool by whoever does the refurbishing, usually the OEM or one of their service vendors. I bought a 10v Makita drill/driver combo from CPO, and it's still going strong after more than a decade of use.

16 hours ago, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:
  On 5/5/2019 at 10:40 PM, JTTHECLOCKMAN said:

As I said Ray you do not build anything any more. Nails are still used and I am currently redoing my home and use all size nails all the time. I built my shed hammering in nails one at a time. Frame work, roofing, jigs, Replaced cedar siding on the side of my house, one nail at a time. I n a couple weeks I have to replace a window sill and outside trim. Will nail one nail at a time. 

Read more  

Just saying Ray. Your words.😀😀

I think you are very special. I'm 76 years old. I live in a retirement mobile home community. I have nothing to build nor do I have any desire to build anything requiring nails. But if I did, I'd invest in a framing nail gun. I'm happy for you though.

76 does not equal 80.

8 hours ago, jerrye said:

Something that many aren't aware of is just how much better chance you get of having a working tool when you buy refurb. New has a representative sample, one of x number produced, pulled off the line and tested. Every refurb tool gets tested. So, not only is refurb a better price, it's a tested and proven tool by whoever does the refurbishing, usually the OEM or one of their service vendors. I bought a 10v Makita drill/driver combo from CPO, and it's still going strong after more than a decade of use.

I agree totally. I have bought many refurbed tools and electronics. They get better scrutinization.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:41 AM, jerrye said:

You know, that's an excellent point and one I really hadn't considered as part of my purchasing decision!

Usually, I just buy based on reviews I've I read, past experience with a particular brand and usually most importantly is price. CPO Outlets usually has the best prices on what I'm searching for and often I just set up an alert and wait for what I want to become available (refurbished of course).

I've waited as long as 2 months for one item, my dewalt planer to become available at the price I had seen weeks earlier.