New Blade Holders

OzarkSawdust

I ordered new blade holders for my WEN 3921 the other day. They came in yesterday and I tried them today. Very nice!! They eliminate the micky mouse adapters that came with it. Although I haven't looked at the blade holders, I think it works more like the better saws that are pinless only. They are still capable of using pinned blades.

Scroll Saw Blade Holder 4.jpg

Scroll Saw Blade Holder 5.jpg

Scroll Saw Blade Holder 6.jpg

Scroll Saw Blade Holder 3.jpg

I used  those same adapters on my Wen and was quite content. Only reason I upgraded when I did was that some bushing or bearing finally crapped out and vibration made the saw impossible to work with. I figured the cost of trying to fix wasn't worth it. I got 18 months out of the Wen. Moved up to a Delta and happily making sawdust.

6 hours ago, new2woodwrk said:

Where did you get those? I have a wen as well as a delta but would like to be able to use both for different projects - looks like those would help to use the same blades on both machines

https://wenproducts.com/collections/parts/products/upper-lower-blade-holder

I forgot to order the 2 of the Allen head screws M4x16. So I just grabbed a couple of hex head bolts for now (they are silver in the pictures). I'll change so I can use a T handle Allen wrench or find a metric nut driver and keep these.

Scrappile has a good idea about one with a knob end! I'll look into that. Thanks for the idea Scrappile !

Edited by OzarkSawdust

8 hours ago, Dennisfm56 said:

I found a longer screw that I could use and then used wingnuts to loosen the clamp.

The pinless adapters that came with it used wing nuts. I didn't even check to see if they are the same size, I'll do that today.

* I checked and the wing nuts in the furnished adapters are too short. 

Edited by OzarkSawdust