Hitachi CW40 blade alignment problem

Xray

For quite a while now, I have been having an annoying problem thats getting worse.

Material cuts fine pushing up on it, or to the left.

Try to go the other way with the material, down or to the right, and the blade barely cuts, the machine starts vibrating, and is generally under more stress.

Checked around for anything bent or lose, its nothing obvious, so I have been just working within these limitations [i mostly use spiral blades, and I have to turn the wood, since it only cuts in 2 directions vs the 4 its supposed to].

Anyhow now its gotten worse, and it barely wants to cut in any direction.

I think I found the problem, the blade is square with the table left and right of the blade ,, Or lets say, east and west.

North and south, there is about an 1/8 inch gap from the top of the blade to the bottom, so something is obviously amiss.

My garage is freezing cold, I do have a propane heater that can keep the immediate area tolerable, but I don't have hours to diagnose this thing.

Anyone know what could cause the arms, and or, blade holders, to go out of alignment with eachother like that ?

• 2 weeks later...

Same flawed response with a variety of wood, and blade tightness is fine.

I'm coming to the conclusion that either the blade holders are warped, or the arm have somehow become dysfunctional.

Its all but unusable right now ,,, And will probably upgrade to an Excalibur16.

That said, I'm, not giving up hope, and wouldn't mind having 2 machines.

I fix & build things for a living, once it warms up a bit, I'll strip it down some, and see if I can find out what the problem is.

Xray, if that saw is still in warranty,I would return it to the dealer that you bought it from and explain and show them the problem and you should receive a replacement or refund of your money. If you bought it from a private individual, than contact the customer dept. for Hitachi and see if they can do anything for you. Try these steps first before taking it apart on your own. You might end up with a new saw!!

Ervin

• 3 weeks later...