Cut to the Cord

munzieb

16 minutes ago, Denny Knappen said:

That is an amazing cut and wonderful framing too.

Thanks Denny. I was making so many frames for myself and my wife's paintings, I decided to make a miter sled for my table saw. Found the design  from Woodsmith? I buy the trim moulding from Lowes. I flush mount it to the plaque with CA glue and use 1/2" pin nails from the back along with a sawtooth picture hanger. The trim is 5/8" wide and always figure that into the cut dimension of the board. I always sneak cut for a good fit. 

20191102_123813.jpg

20191102_123827.jpg

20191102_123946.jpg

Really cool looking cut! You did a super job on it.

I grew up in Tulsa not far from where the Cord replicas were built. A high school friend's older brother had one...for a while. After the wreck he never fixed it...but he did pay a hefty ticket for drag racing on a public street. Beautiful car.

Edited by OzarkSawdust

Ahh, the old beauties.... Great picture, well scrolled.  In old cars, my dream would be the Auburn Speedster... Not sure why, never even see a real one.  I have see a couple Chords similar to your picture.  Closest I have come to a Speedster is the model I built. 

Edited by Scrappile

3 hours ago, namunolie said:

great job

I envy you have kind of amazing old car that can be remembered

I also see you joint boxes in pic

they are perfect and good frame work 

Thank you, I love the old cars. I bought an Integra I-Box Joint box tool for my table saw. Once it is set up, it make quick work of joint box boxes. One is bubinga and oak and the other is oak and poplar.