1st show of the year

ike

Yesterday was the first show of the year. a local cdhurch athat I had ever used the croud was light ( real lite) I had 11 sales but I sold $189 I finally sold my last train ( steam engin with smoke) for $60 That is the 3rd one .  So it wasn't a complete bust My next sale will be  on the 21at then the 23 hopeing for better days.

IKE

Just now, OzarkSawdust said:

Thanks for telling us about your show. I want to do some down the road and want to know what to expect.

Total boredom, and then being as busy as a one legged man in a .............

my experience they seem to come in waves, and yet they don't arrive together, not sure how that happens.  Of course I am not talking about one of those major events with 10's of thousands of people either.

My suggestion, price everything in increments of $5, makes it a lot easier, and put out a sign that sales tax is included, that stops the sales tax inspector from asking questions when he shows up, rarely but it happens.  And do price the items, many people will not ask how much.

10 minutes ago, JimErn said:

Total boredom, and then being as busy as a one legged man in a .............

my experience they seem to come in waves, and yet they don't arrive together, not sure how that happens.  Of course I am not talking about one of those major events with 10's of thousands of people either.

My suggestion, price everything in increments of $5, makes it a lot easier, and put out a sign that sales tax is included, that stops the sales tax inspector from asking questions when he shows up, rarely but it happens.  And do price the items, many people will not ask how much.

Thanks Jim! I do some food vending also, a hot dog cart and lemonade setup. The crowd, or lack of, is about the same...no one or a line.

The $5 increment is a great idea! I price my vending stuff in even dollars so I don't have to mess with change. 

I have a note on the bottom of my menu...but I would not have thought about a sign on a show table. Thanks for reminding me!

I will price each item, as I do in the flea market display I have down the street.