Lots of Christmas requests...

RabidAlien

42 minutes ago, rjR said:

Very neat!

I have had 3 cheap bandsaws and ALL were exactly as temperamental as yours.

Oldest son has a big Grizzly and it is great.

I had some reservations about giving it up, it was an old 7.5" wheel diameter Black and Decker portable saw that I inherited from my wife's grandfather ("keep it in your garage.  If I need it, I know where to find it") along with an equally old Craftsman table saw, both of which had seen EXTENSIVE use while he was still renovating houses.  I finally found tires for the band saw, and getting it back up and running is what got me back into woodworking, so I was hesitant to give it up.  But I needed the room for some more tools the family got for me after my brother-in-law's father died (my sister's father-in-law...dunno what that makes us....outlaws?  Not-quite-in-laws?), so I had to let it go.  Sold it for $20 to someone else who knew someone who wanted to get started themselves, so I feel confident its going to a good home.  I tend to use the scroll saw for pretty much everything the bandsaw did, anyway.