Travis

A couple of the ones I have finished.  The letter/napkin holder is an H. Botas pattern I simplified slightly and is made from BB.  The sign is for my BIL in Texas.  It is made from cedar with a pine backing.  Finish on both is spray can poly.

Debbies_holder_3_2019[1].jpg

Sims_sign_2019[1].jpg

Edited by jollyred

On 12/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, Travis said:

giftsChallenge.png

This scroll saw challenge should be an easy one.  Share a pic of your scroll sawn gifts this Holiday season!  There's nothing more special than a handmade gift.  It could be a gift for family, friends, coworkers, or stuff you sell at Holiday craft shows!  While we love to see your projects, it's the stories behind the project that makes it special.  So tell us a little bit about it.

From your saw, to under the tree, I can't wait to see what you made this Holiday season.  :santa:

20190520_185820.jpg

20191213_103453.jpg

20191222_100013.jpg

Got these done in time.  The sign is for my cousin, and is walnut letters on a pine backer.  The finish is sprayed on polyurethane.  

The plaque is for my son, and is for the department he worked in on the USS John F. Kennedy aircraft carrier.  It is cut from 3mm and 6mm baltic birch, painted with spray paint and craft lacquer.  It has a top coat of spray shellac.  This was copied from the department's patch.

Bill Wilson sign.jpg

Kennedy plaque.jpg

• Travis unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

My Daughter and Gradson both have Birthdays coming up in September and October.  She owns a French Bulldog and he owns a Pug. Both were appropriate subjects for a scrollsaw birthday present gift.  My Son-in-law also has his birthday in October and is a Beer lover, so I just started a project for him. 

My Son and Daughter-in-law also have Birthdays in October.  He is an avid Motorcycle Rider and she is nuts about Dragonflys.

So here are my gifts that I will be sending them in the coming months:

French Bulldog 1.JPG

Pug 1.JPG

Lets Ride 2 F.JPG

Dragonfly in circle 1.JPG

coldbeer 4.jpg