Seems Like More Than $10 In Materials

kmmcrafts

2 hours ago, Scrappile said:

@octoolguy, Ray, What ever became of this clock??  I see the Craigslist listing is still,,,, listed...

Or did I miss the answer when we got into the discussion of Cow Paddies?

I finally heard back from the seller today. They are busy and apologized for the delay. Shipping is $50 plus the $10 asking price. The stock market has decimated our investments enough that I have to think twice about how much I want the clock. I don't need it, I really have no place for it. I was trying to rescue a piece of scroll art that the maker put his/her heart into. I'm afraid I will have to pass it up. That $60 could go a long way in purchasing supplies for my own creations. I'm going to try to find out who the maker was though, as you suggested.

1 hour ago, Scrappile said:

I understand.  I keep telling my wife, we need to rethink purchases,,,, except for what I need to finish my projects, of course.  Unsettling times for sure...I got about a $10 a month raise in my SS this year, but my land taxes went up $400 more this year.....  can't win.

Yes, this crazy virus thing has taken us down by about 10%. I know that it will come back but still........ Between Barb and I, we got $14 a month increase in S.S. and our rent went up $35. So, as you said, you just can't win sometimes. If this keeps up, we may have to rethink living in So Cal. Arizona and Las Vegas are starting to look awfully good. We could sell our mobile home and go to either place and buy a regular house for cash and never have to pay rent again. Even with the increased property taxes, we'd still come out way ahead of the game. But at our age, moving doesn't sound really good. Time will tell.

28 minutes ago, octoolguy said:

Yes, this crazy virus thing has taken us down by about 10%. I know that it will come back but still........ Between Barb and I, we got $14 a month increase in S.S. and our rent went up $35. So, as you said, you just can't win sometimes. If this keeps up, we may have to rethink living in So Cal. Arizona and Las Vegas are starting to look awfully good. We could sell our mobile home and go to either place and buy a regular house for cash and never have to pay rent again. Even with the increased property taxes, we'd still come out way ahead of the game. But at our age, moving doesn't sound really good. Time will tell.

We need a newer car and I've been toying with buying one of these Paul. Whattaythink?

Image may contain: meme, possible text that says 'FOR THOSE ON A TIGHT BUDGET THE TOYOTA POOR RUNNER imgtlip'