Tom in Southern Maryland, USA

TommyT1963

Morning all! My father got me into scroll sawing in the early 70's, he did amazing work up until his passing about 4 years ago. His work was mostly given as gifts his favorite work were baskets. I left for the service (a 23 year career) and am working on a second career. I got my fathers DeWalt scroller, and now searching myself to figure what I would like to do the most of with his scroller.

Scroll saw village has been a blessing to find! I am loving all the different ideas out there and all the various projects folks are working on. I eventually want to get enough projects done to take to craft shows. I like the idea of projects with mini clocks or even weather stations (barometer, thermometer, humidity), etc. and to try to tie it in with the state, crabs!, and or a car culture that is around the area. 

I've babbled enough ….. Good Scrolling everyone!

Tom

I recently retired too from the military and was told to find a hobby. Scrolling sort of fell into my lap and I am glad it did. Like you, I am thinking of going to craft shows, but I am only doing silhouettes right now. Maybe one day, something more elaborate. Anyways, glad you found us and look forward to seeing your byproducts of making sawdust. 

First of all, thank you for your service.   Welcome to our world wide family. As you already know, the people here in The Village are friendly. helpful and appreciative of all those that  have chosen us to be a site to join up with. Take the time to really look around as ther are a lot of things to see here.  Check out our pattern library as there is a lot there to download and cut for free.  Hope to see you around a lot from now on

Dick

heppnerguy