New guy -- Arizona

cashew

I just realized that I never introduced myself -- I'm a former plumber in my professional life.  Then just over 2 years ago (January 2018) I needed a secret santa gift.  Being a bit broke I found a piece of cedar fence and made a box -- very basic.  But then I was hooked. After that I worked with my Dremel for a year -- Was gifted my first scroll saw (Ryobi) Jan 2019 and up-graded to a Pegas earlier this year.  No previous experience in woodworking beyond a little construction so I'm teaching myself as I go.  My working name comes from combining the first initials of all my kids - their spouses - and grandkids and playing with them till I found something that made sense -- can I buy a vowel please?

Bold Heart biz card print.png

Edited by cashew

1 hour ago, amazingkevin said:

That,s one attention getting shingle you hang there!!! Welcome friend!!!. Your a seasoned scroller and then some with your self taught skills!!! Good job, and hope you can throw us some tips and tricks my friend!!! We could use a regular like you here, welcome again!!!

Thank you Kevin -- My cousin is the graphic artist who created that --  Ray Hendrix  

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to The Village. We are all pretty friendly and helpful people and love it when someone new decides to be a member here. I see you live in Arizona. I too live in Southern Arizona. I live in Casa Grande, if you know where that is. Enjoy your time here and keep that scroll saw humming

Dick

heppnerguy

13 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

Welcome to The Village. We are all pretty friendly and helpful people and love it when someone new decides to be a member here. I see you live in Arizona. I too live in Southern Arizona. I live in Casa Grande, if you know where that is. Enjoy your time here and keep that scroll saw humming

Dick

heppnerguy

Mesa here -- but staying the month (dog sitting) at my son's place in Florence -- I took over his garage lol

4 (1).jpg

1 minute ago, cashew said:

Mesa here -- but staying the month (dog sitting) at my son's place in Florence -- I took over his garage lol

4 (1).jpg

We will be leaving for Oregon the first of July for two months but perhaps we could get together some time. I have met several people from The Village and made some pretty good friends as a result. Just a thought. Might be interesting

Dick

heppnerguy

8 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

We will be leaving for Oregon the first of July for two months but perhaps we could get together some time. I have met several people from The Village and made some pretty good friends as a result. Just a thought. Might be interesting

Dick

heppnerguy

Hit me up in a pm on my insta page (or here if it works that way -- haven't looked into it)  -- You might like to check out that flower bowl in person before I ship it off  -- and I'll be here for only a couple more weeks -- then back to home  BTW I moved here from Oregon

Edited by cashew

3 minutes ago, cashew said:

Hit me up in a pm on my insta page (or here if it works that way -- haven't looked into it)  -- You might like to check out that flower bowl in person before I ship it off  -- and I'll be here for only a couple more weeks -- then back to home  BTW I moved here from Oregon

We have so much in common already.. I was born in Tillamook and raised in the Portland area. I lived 36 years in Tigard and 15 years in Heppner. We moved to Arizona 3 years ago. How did you know I was from Oregon....?   Just curious about that. You said you live in Mesa? I have a son that lives in Chandler and a grandson who moved there a few months ago. I will PM you on your page here. If I do it that way you will see that you have mail when you log in and all you need to do is click on it to read it. I will pm you my phone number.

Dick

heppnerguy

11 minutes ago, heppnerguy said:

We have so much in common already.. I was born in Tillamook and raised in the Portland area. I lived 36 years in Tigard and 15 years in Heppner. We moved to Arizona 3 years ago. How did you know I was from Oregon....?   Just curious about that. You said you live in Mesa? I have a son that lives in Chandler and a grandson who moved there a few months ago. I will PM you on your page here. If I do it that way you will see that you have mail when you log in and all you need to do is click on it to read it. I will pm you my phone number.

Dick

heppnerguy

I didn't know that you were from there -- you mentioned going there in July---   Beaverton , clackamas and Portland --  moved to Colton my senior year (76) - left Oregon in 84