Hawk

James McCabe

9 minutes ago, amazingkevin said:

If having a blade in it did the fuse in .Change the fuse and try it again like it was before you took it home,Maybe blade less?That is where I'd start to find out what's wrong.Keep us posted! Thanks for asking!

I had the same thought process . Removed blade and had same results. Maybe Speed Control?

Welcome to the village...

I have the same saw, You might look at the bearings in the arm that connects from the motor up through to the lower arm.. I have a older Hawk that had done similar and those bearings was almost seized up.. Not sure that would do it but I've had to replace those bearings on two of my Hawk saws.. I'm wondering if it's putting  load on the motor and popping the fuse..

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with  you  Hawk. They are one of the top saws out there. I found one at an estate sale for $65. Boy was i excited. They could not find the stand for it but my son had a metal stand for a portable table saw. I sanded off a little rust and painted it the same red as the saw and it looked like it belonged to it. I really did not like it very much and gave it to my daughter, who still has it and uses it fairly often. 

Glad you found us here in The Village and I hope you stick around so we all can get to know you better

Dick

heppnerguy