Howdy Y'all

misterunix

Howdy, name is Bill. Married, one kid, one dog, one cat.

I fell in love with scroll sawing about 15 years ago and then we had to move. Now that I am moving again I get the garage back. We get the keys tomorrow and the first load will be my tools! My thoughts are were am I going to get wood. I have some, but not enough. Maybe the wife will let me go get buy some mill ends. 

Im in the Telecommunications field for 30 years, I would like to retire but fate wont let me. I also Knit, I guess I had to have a creative outlet since I couldn't make sawdust.

That is the short and skinny of it. 

Welcome friend, grab a chair,& pour some joe, you,LL make lots of scrolling friends here to help you out with tips an tricks.I get all my wood for free! In the neighborhood! Furniture(hardwood) cabinet shops throw out the perfect saw ready size wood for the scroll saw. Keep coming back friend!!!

23 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

Welcome friend, grab a chair,& pour some joe, you,LL make lots of scrolling friends here to help you out with tips an tricks.I get all my wood for free! In the neighborhood! Furniture(hardwood) cabinet shops throw out the perfect saw ready size wood for the scroll saw. Keep coming back friend!!!

Oh, if you could give some advice on getting "in" with a company. It would help a bunch.

4 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

How much wood do you need? Just tell them your a hobbyest and scraps are fine!

Good question, one I dont think I can answer yet. There is a couple of hardwood stores here that I have purchased from before. They have a mishmash of wood and sized. Work bench comes first, stumpy nubs has a 2x4 design I like that looks to be cost effective. 

22 hours ago, misterunix said:

Good question, one I dont think I can answer yet. There is a couple of hardwood stores here that I have purchased from before. They have a mishmash of wood and sized. Work bench comes first, stumpy nubs has a 2x4 design I like that looks to be cost effective. 

The best place for quality hardwood skins is a casket maker. They only use the best and throw out the rest.i heard that you have to take a truck load at a time too.!!!

Mr William Jones, I would like to introduce myself....My name is Richard William Jones..I bet that catches your eye..🤣   I want to welcome you to our family. I life in Southern Arizona and I have been in this family of scrollers for several years now. One of the first things I learned was, if you log on often and comment on the posts you read, you will quickly find that you are getting to know the regulars pretty well and before you know it, you seem to consider them your friends. Everyone I have ever contacted or seen making comments are always friendly and helpful.  I hope to see you on here a lot. I have been a little absent from here lately as my son is in the process of moving into a brand new home and he wanted to add a lot of things to his house, inside, before he moved there. I have been away a lot over the past couple of weeks so the shop has been on hold and so has my computer, while I did my best to help him, where ever I could. Enjoy you scroll saw and be sure and post your work so we too can enjoy it. 

Dick

heppnerguy