Inquiries not posted

Joey

All first posts are moderated due to recent attacks from spam bots. One of our moderator checks them out before they are visible. There's a couple things that could have happened. If the posts look like spam, or do not specifically show that you're not a spambot, they're probably have been disapproved. Spambots will often use general statements like "I really like your forum, bookmarked," or "Thanks for the information," or even a simple smile face. Then after the post has been approved, they go back and edit the post to include spam. So your post would have to be specifically scroll saw related or contribute to a conversation in a specific way to be approved. Quite honestly, I don't remember seeing any of your posts. So I couldn't say for sure.

Another possibility is pressing the wrong button. Sometimes people will click the Save Draft button, thinking they are submitting the post. The Preview button is the same way, they'll click the preview button, after seeing their post they move on without actually submitting the post.

Anyway, hopefully this answers a couple questions. You're now beyond they first-post moderation, so now you're an official member of SSV. Doesn't that make you feel good? ;) Enjoy the site. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

• 1 year later...