Ā  Ā  Ā  Jump to content

Gluing a warped wood

Foxfold

15 hours ago, Foxfold said:

The wood I cut my car out of is, quite disappointingly, very warped, but I had nothing else.Ā  So I was quite determined to get it to glue solidly to a flat backer and using 'overkill'Ā  it worked.Ā Ā šŸ¤£Ā 

I sandwiched it between two large flat pieces of wood, clamped it all around and added two 5 litre bottles of water and 4 large pieces of concrete.Ā šŸ™ˆšŸ˜œšŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The frame, I hope,, will hide a multitude of sinsĀ Ā šŸ™ˆ

Car Clamp.jpg

Car Clamp Edge.jpg

Car Clamp Full.jpg

I'm surprised that old Mopar is not "flattened". I would say you weighted it sufficiently.

Ā 

17 minutes ago, John B said:

That's a bloody strong bench šŸ¤ŖšŸ‹ļøā€ā™‚ļø

It's a box press that Tony made for me to hold my A4 - 3mmĀ  plywood to keep them straight. If you look carefully at the bottom I have some pieces in there sandwiched between some really thick mdf.Ā  It just came in handy to put my big A3 'car' onto while I clamped it.šŸ¤£Ā  Ā It is incredibly strong, when it's empty I turn it upside down and use it as a step to reach things on the top shelf.Ā 

A4 Box.jpg

On 10/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, amazingkevin said:

I,m very impressed to see a woman,s work shop. As I expected not a spec of saw dust anywhere! Just like the car it could be covered with dirt, snow, rain and it still has the potentials to be a hair raiser in any given secound!!! Let's see more of your shop pretty please!!!

I did put a video on here Kevin just after Tony finished it. I just can't remember whenĀ šŸ˜±