New Look

Rockytime

The main reason I hate any changes to our everyday software is that if it's one that my wife uses, I have to go through the learning curve to explain it to her and answer her question of "why are they messing with something that's not broken"? She hates changes of any kind. We've been married for 50 years and she forbid me from changing so I'm still the same "lovable" person she married. LOL! I remember a few years ago when Gmail decided that they just had to make a bunch of changes to their platform, I wrote a nasty letter to their software engineers telling them that they should be ashamed of changing stuff just so they could justify their exorbitant salaries. And Microsoft, oh, don't get me started on their updates that always seem to mess something up that used to work just fine. Their latest update caused a problem with my PC and I'm still fighting that.

With all that said, I appreciate all that Travis does to keep SSV running smoothly and if he has to make some changes, so be it. A bit of a "heads-up" would be nice though so we can prepare for something different to pop up on our screens. I use both my PC and my phone for just about everything so I appreciate knowing ahead of time when a change is coming.

1 hour ago, SteveS said:

I'm with Rockytime. I miss the ease of getting to the forums since I don't visit them all. Change for the sake of change is not in my playbook. The new look is OK but keep the forums tab on the top page for those that want it. Just my $.02. Steve

Touch community and everything is right there. You don't even have to click. Plus you no longer have to race the gallery button to select before it closes.

I noticed the changes right away.  I don't see that the way the forum is now is any better of any worse.  This sort of change is inevitable and, over the long haul, I believe the changes improve a "product".

Thanks Travis!

By the way, when I was quite young we had no electricity and our toilet was an outhouse.  So, you see, I have benefitted from change.

Edited by Frank Pellow

11 hours ago, Frank Pellow said:

I noticed the changes right away.  I don't see that the way the forum is now is any better of any worse.  This sort of change is inevitable and, over the long haul, I believe the changes improve a "product".

Thanks Travis!

By the way, when I was quite young we had no electricity and our toilet was an outhouse.  So, you see, I have benefitted from change.

Likewise Frank. Did not get indoor plumbing until after WWII about 1947. The change was good!