What's a Hawk 220 worth?

rustynail

The model / serial tag shown in your photo is a pretty old saw.. I believe this is a saw that uses the round lower clamps. I also think it's not a variable speed because otherwise the tag would say 220VS.. They also made a 220-3 which is a three speed.. That said though.. there are some that was variable speed by a belt / pulley system and was marked as a model 220.. either case.. pretty old saw.. late 80's very early 90's ( I think ).. If my assumption is right, $300 would have to be nearly brand new otherwise $200 ish would be my max on it.

Oh, and some of these early 220 saws didn't have the blade tension lever at the front of the saw.. 

This is one real similar to what you are looking at here at a much lower price. I don't know if this one was made by Hawk or not.. They did make saws for other companies to rebrand. There was also a company that got into some infringement issues with RBI back in the day.. Kind of think this is that company but not 100% sure on that. Think this one is only a 14" saw.. but the price is decent.. so long as RBI parts work on it anyway..

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/288410319396128/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Af36c5399-c7e5-4464-8874-979c6bf13435 

I seen the saw in question on FB marketplace, nice looking saw and doesn't look like a bad deal for the right person. It's not a saw ( in my opinion ) to be doing a lot of fretwork with as the tensioning is at the back of the saw.. Nice saw but just doesn't have the features the newer saws have. Could be a great starter saw for someone looking for a cheaper quality saw.