Wiseman Coffer

munzieb

That is magnificent!!!!  I love it... I also have that pattern, I believe.. A year or two ago,,, Pedro was very sick and his site was inactive for quite some time... When he came back I order many of his box and coffer patterns, just in case... Working on the Cremona clock now, all cut and fitted... now to finish and reassemble... 

You need to send him a picture of your coffer so he can post it on his site...  Beautiful!!

Edited by Scrappile

52 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

That is magnificent!!!!  I love it... I also have that pattern, I believe.. A year or two ago,,, Pedro was very sick and his site was inactive for quite some time... When he came back I order many of his box and coffer patterns, just in case... Working on the Cremona clock now, all cut and fitted... now to finish and reassemble... 

You need to send him a picture of your coffer so he can post it on his site...  Beautiful!!

Thank you. He was the first person I sent pictures to and he responded back and appreciated my comments. Cremona clock is an outstanding project! I would go there but we are out of wall space. 

59 minutes ago, munzieb said:

Thank you. He was the first person I sent pictures to and he responded back and appreciated my comments. Cremona clock is an outstanding project! I would go there but we are out of wall space. 

Ha,,, I hear you,,, the clock,,, I really have no place for, but I wanted to make it... My kids will probably roast wieners over it and talk about dear old goofy dad, when I am gone...

18 minutes ago, Scrappile said:

Ha,,, I hear you,,, the clock,,, I really have no place for, but I wanted to make it... My kids will probably roast wieners over it and talk about dear old goofy dad, when I am gone...

I really would like to try it. My wife had started to sell on Poshmark and has sold somethings, mostly clothing but she has a lot of jewelry and parts to make jewelry. She has posted some of my cars and planes too. I really don't want to sell them but we are running out of room in our office but I still have the patterns and can make more. Maybe I'll have room for the clock. You have seen my walls... besides the 2 studes, they are all my patterns.

Here is the link on Pedro's site for the Wiseman coffer. The wise men coffer, scroll saw fretwork pattern (finescrollsaw.com)

You can see that different types of wood were used. BBPW would definitely be a lot cheaper. If you decide to make this there are a few tips. The sides are intersecting slots and depending on the wood you use, the outer edges can be fragile. I left a 1/4" connector at the top to hold it all together and then cut them when I was ready to assemble. The top can be a little confusing. The drawing calls out a 18 and 25 degree angle. the 18 is for the short sides and since it's 1/8" I used my disc/belt sander with the plate on the disk sander set to the angle. I used my scroll saw set to the 25 on the long pieces. What threw me was I assumed that those pieces would butt up against the top and bottom edges. The side angles didn't line up! Once I looked at other samples I realized that the top of the pieces sit about 1/4" below the top and all the angles lined up.

Go figure!

20210920_075445.jpg

On 10/1/2021 at 2:02 PM, munzieb said:

I had looked at Pedro's finescrollsaw.com several times and wanted to try one of his patterns. Purchased one of his patterns called the Wiseman Coffer. (9 euro) It was great working with Pedro and he did give suggestion that I either use European "A3" paper or have it converted but retain the original size. My local UPS store made it happen with  2 sets of 17 x 12 prints. I decided to kick it up a notch by going with Bubinga wood $$$. It requires both 1/8" and 1/4" wood. I had some of the 1/8" but I needed 2 pieces of 8" wide and the 2 sq foot packs were only 5.5" wide. I contacted Richard at Richards Craft wood in Clemmons NC. www.richardscraftwood.com. He was able to mill up the pieces I needed and had them in a few days. Lots of cutting and lots of broken blades (Bubinga is hard !) It took about 3 weeks to finish. I used a Lacquer finish and it really brings out the color of the wood. I did used a temporary light wood backer on the inside to accent the fretwork for the picture but removed it afterwards.

newbox9[9092].jpg

NewBox.jpg

newbox1.jpg

Newbox3.jpg

You nailed that one.nice work