Custom Ornament Kit - 2021 & Pets Edition Now Available!

Travis

Hi All.  For the last couple of years, I've been creating custom ornament business kits.   It basically is a scroll saw business kit with everything you need to promote, create, and sell personalized Christmas ornaments.  Everybody seemed to really like it, so I created another version with all new designs for 2021!  I also got a lot of feedback from folks who wanted something for pets lovers.  So we also have a Pets Edition!  🐶 🐱

I like to think of it as a mini scroll saw business-in-a-box.  With this kit, you can create as many custom ornament patterns as you want.  You can easily personalize them with someone's name or date.  You can sell your custom ornaments to friends and family, online places like Etsy, or for craft fairs and church bizarres.  You can also sell custom patterns to your fellow scrollers!

Here's an overview of how the kit works:

I'm releasing it earlier this year because I had a few folks who wanted to get a jump on the holidays (I don't blame you!).  I'm also putting the 2021 Custom Ornament Business Kit and the Pets Custom Ornament Business Kit on sale for 50% off through Cyber Monday!  So right now, you can pick one up for only $10 each, which is a screamin' deal!  :santa:  It's my way of saying Thank You for being a part of SSV and making it such a great place to be.

I hope you find it useful.  Happy Holidays, y'all!

Hi All.  I just wanted to post this because I get this question every year.  I talked about it in the video as well as the product page, but it seems to get missed.

If you are trying to open the ornament kit and it opens in your web browser with nothing on it, it probably means you don't have Inkscape installed on your computer.  Go to inkscape.org and download the latest version and install it.  From there, you can open Inkscape, then open your SVG file to edit your ornaments. 

Please Note:  This ornament kit is meant for folks who have a working knowledge of Inkscape.  You don't have to be an expert, but you should have the basics down.  If you'd like to learn more about Inkscape, you can find my free online course here.

Hopefully this helps.  I don't want anybody downloading the ornament kit and wondering "what the heck!?"  😉

Enjoy!

5 hours ago, BadBob said:

Christmas season starts in July. 🙂

Hahaha.....that is true, especially if you do craft shows.  I release in November because most people aren't in the mindset of Christmas yet.  But I guess there's last year's pattern kits for those who want to get working on their inventory.

18 hours ago, Travis said:

Hahaha.....that is true, especially if you do craft shows.  I release in November because most people aren't in the mindset of Christmas yet.  But I guess there's last year's pattern kits for those who want to get working on their inventory.

If you are selling online you need a lot more lead time.

Thanks everyone who purchased this year's Custom Ornament Business Kits.  I got a lot of great feedback and folks really seem to like them.  It makes me feel good to know you find them useful and easy to use.

I made an updated version of the 2021 and Pets files.  They're not major issues, but here's what I changed:

• The new Inscape v1.1.1 format didn't keep the page properties intact like it did last year.  So I updated that to proper US Letter and A4 sizes.  That way your printer won't bug you for more printing options.
  • The 2021 version, the Santa hat was a bit thin in the upper right corner.  So I thickened it up a bit to add a bit more stability.  Should make it easier to cut, too.

Feel free to download the new versions.  Neither of these fixed issues are game breakers.  They'll just make your life a tish bit easier.  :) 

Thanks, y'all!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder that these Business Kits will be on sale through Cyber Monday.  This is your chance to get both of these for 50% off!  That's only $10 each, which is a killer deal. 

Previous years are also available at regular price.

Also, if anybody have tried these out, please leave a review.  It is really helpful for folks who are looking other people's experiences.  These business kits help support SSV so we can keep the lights on and continue serving the scrolling community.  Thanks!  :thumbs:

• Travis unpinned this topic