Messages, PM,s

kmmcrafts

Is it just me or has the message's disappeared? I usually have a spot in the upper right that has a icon of a envelope for the messages.. It's been gone now for a couple days at least. Thought it might be because I hadn't paid my membership so I paid that and I still have no mail icon. I've looked in the drop down menu under my name / icon and there doesn't seem to be any way to access messages. My guess is Ray ( @OCtoolguy) somehow got us all jailed.. don't know how he did it but he's good at being jailed on FB.. must have done something really bad to ban our messages here too, 😂

Well I get a number notification where the envelope used to be indicating I have a new message and can access messages that way. I don't see any way to get to my inbox though if I have no message there, LOL. 

Maybe I'll check another browser, currently using windows 10 with Chrome.  

Edit: Doesn't show up on Microsoft Edge either...

Edited by kmmcrafts

I had not noticed it previously until I started checking it out when I read Kevin’s post here. To test, I sent Kevin a PM to see if he got the notification. That is where he got the “number 1” next to where the envelope used to be and accessed his inbox. To send the pm, I clicked on his user name, and sent from there by clicking on the blue box where I recalled was the place to send one through. I’m attaching a screenshot of that, with the blue box I’m talking about circled in red. 

Kevin replied to my test message. Like he indicated, I too got a number of to the side where the envelope would be but no envelope. I was able to click on it to get to my inbox and see his message. I added Travis to that pm showing what we are talking about. I will add those screen shots here as well. I was coming back to this thread to get  the link to this thread to put in that pm for Travis to follow and I can’t get back into my inbox mail without a notification I have a message there. @Travis will hopefully be able to figure it out when he has some time.

9039D746-2C21-4AD8-B611-9A98C079137E.thumb.jpeg.11d98cd04a5df84753ee97a2129f27ef.jpeg

A4778F6F-EB32-49B4-812F-70178EFF5C9D.thumb.jpeg.2689de856c9f52e6ad3d9b9654b3facf.jpeg

The top image shows I have a message, but no envelope. I could click on that number and get to my inbox, but once I left my inbox, I could not get back to my inbox that I could find.

The second image shows me going to Kevin’s profile page where I “guessed” that the empty blue box (circled in red) was where you would send a pm to the person from. When I clicked on the blue box, the pm to Kevin popped up for me to type my message. I guessed because that was the general area where it would previously show to send a message from. I could not find any other way to get to send a message.

for informational purposes, I am on my IPad using Safari to access the forum and messaging.

Edited by meflick

I did want to note, I did get the email notification of the pm reply message from Kevin like you would normally if you have it setup to send an email notification. I can use that email link to get back into my inbox (where I updated it and gave Travis a link back to this thread). I can’t get back to my inbox without a notification number to click on, or without going back to that email with the link however.