This is what happens when you're out of the shop for 3 weeks.

jbrowning

I got off work early today so I thought I would work in the shop this afternoon cutting the last 2 dog puzzles that were ordered at the Craft Shows. I spent 3 hours cutting out 1 AUSSIE dog puzzle. Broke 6 blades all up inside the upper blade clamp. But I forged on and finally got the 1 puzzle done. Tomorrow I will work on easier puzzles before I start my dog puzzles I have left to do. It was a long afternoon, but it was still better than going to work.

Thanks

Jim

I know the feeling, Jim. I took Wednesday and Thursday off because I had to take the time off or lose the hours. We were scheduled off today (Friday). My plan was to spend most of my time on the saw but things don't always go as planned. I did complete a couple projects and I've still got tomorrow to look forward to.

16 minutes ago, jbrowning said:

Yeah I was hoping to get out there again today. But the inside temp was 15f. I think I will wait till tomorrow to go back out and work on more puzzles.

Jim

It's on the mid 50's here and even that's too cool for me. I forgot about living in Colorado at 8500 ft. Brrrrrr!

4 hours ago, jbrowning said:

But it just takes too long to get the inside temps up to a working temp for me sometimes.

Last year my wife got me a kerosine heater for the garage and it does make it tolerable . . . but adds to the cost of the addic, er, hobby - at $3.35 a gallon it adds up.  Luckily my wife suggested using the heated mud room and that has been great.  I use a box fan and filter set up right beside the scroll saw and it appears to be doing a good job of collecting the saw dust - I dusted around the room and didn't find any, so I'm good to go.