Hello from Ireland

martinvanzyl

Hello from Ireland. I'm just wondering if maybe I'm too old for this. I would love to take up scrolling - but at 66 ?!!!! So now I'm thinking: may there are some other scrollers here in Ireland, over whose shoulder I can go look. I did search for Ireland in this section, but no luck. But even if I never do it myself, I really enjoy seeing you guys work and your results.

Cheers.

Martin.

Hi Martin and welcome to the Village, age is no barrier for learning to scroll, I am a member of a scroll saw group and most of the members are close to or past retirement age and do some amazing work.

We have atleast two members that I know of (after searching) who are from Ireland that you may like to contact, they are TJDCRAFTS and Tony Coleman. I can see that Tony is still active on this forum

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2060 - Tony Coleman

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=203 - tjdcrafts

Hi Martin. Welcome to the Village. We're glad you found us. I agree, you're never too old to learn anything. I think that's one of the joys in life.

You can check out this site: http://www.stevedgood.com/school/sss.html

Its a video tutorial giving you the basics on the scrolling hobby. You can also check out his other videos and videos from others on youtube. That should give you the confidence to jump right in.

Even though it looks difficult, its really easy and produces very impressive results. So I'd say, jump in and try it. When you get stuck, ask some questions. Scrollers are very friendly and willing to lend a hand. Anyway, welcome aboard. Jump in and have some fun!

• 1 year later...