Trivets by Sue Mey

Denny Knappen

Cutting of both is fanominal!!

However, unlike most others, I have a little difficuty with the Cherry. 

The pronounced, somewhat diagonal, straight grain seems to detract from the symetry of the cutting.  I supposed if lying on a table under a pot or the like it would not matter,  But, if it will be displayed as decorative piece it bothers my semces.

Cherry is beautiful wood, but it it seems hard to make work in a lot of projects. I find Cherry  needs to embelshed with stain to brighten it in most projects.  

Trivets in general, as these are, do not seem to  need a strong grain but look better in wood with a lack of visable grain. 

Remember, this is just me comenting. 

21 hours ago, FrankEV said:

Cutting of both is fanominal!!

However, unlike most others, I have a little difficuty with the Cherry. 

The pronounced, somewhat diagonal, straight grain seems to detract from the symetry of the cutting.  I supposed if lying on a table under a pot or the like it would not matter,  But, if it will be displayed as decorative piece it bothers my semces.

Cherry is beautiful wood, but it it seems hard to make work in a lot of projects. I find Cherry  needs to embelshed with stain to brighten it in most projects.  

Trivets in general, as these are, do not seem to  need a strong grain but look better in wood with a lack of visable grain. 

Remember, this is just me comenting. 

Thanks for the comments, Frank.  Always appreciated.  I did not have a lot of 1/2" stock to chose from, so I used what I had.