Tissue Box

munzieb

Very well done!  Very nice appropriate fretwork pattern.  

Is the end panel a different color by design or is it just the photo?

We have the square tissues boxes all over our house.  This is Pollen country and sneezing and snifling is a regular thing.  I just might make a couple for the square tissue boxes to match our furniture, but I know I will have to have a pattern with a Hummingbird in it for my Lady. 

4 minutes ago, FrankEV said:

We have the square tissues boxes all over our house.  This is Pollen country and sneezing and snifling is a regular thing.  I just might make a couple for the square tissue boxes to match our furniture, but I know I will have to have a pattern with a Hummingbird in it for my Lady. 

The panels are all oak. The sides are getting a reflection from the glass in the front door.

3 minutes ago, Badgerboy said:

Bernd, those corner joints look so perfect, nice woodworking my friend. The finish looks impeccable, did you use a filler of some kind to flatten out the oak?

Thanks Todd, I blue taped the edges and glued and folded it all together. I also used 2 90 degree plastic guides I got from Rockler. I used a 1/4" round over bit on the router to smooth the edges and the inside of the box. I used a 15 lb weight on the top when I glued it down (CA glue) I should use a sealer but I just used a lot of gloss lacquer.

22 minutes ago, FrankEV said:

Hi Frank,

I saw a hummingbird box pattern on The Wooden Teddy Bear😀

3 hours ago, CSull said:

Hi Frank,

I saw a hummingbird box pattern on The Wooden Teddy Bear😀

Checked it out.  I dislike TWTB because they are afraid someone is going to steal their patterns from the picture.  Their photos of the subject is so small you can't see the pattern.  And they don't do digital downloads.  Price plus shipping becomes annoyingly high.

I checked out Steve Good's site and he has two patterns for the small square tissue box, both have a Hummingbird pattern included.  I don'g care for his joinery, but I can do my own. 

I will need to make at least six for all the boxes we have arround the house.  I see a lot of stack cutting to be done.. 

I first made some of those for Christmas presents some 20 years ago.  I didn't have a pattern, so measured a box of Kleenex and  made my own.  Made about a dozen of them.  Then the very next year, Kleenex decided to make their boxes to hold more tissues, and made them taller!  Now the bottoms of the boxes stick out to the holder😧.  

I made some more a few years ago, but made them for the cube box of tissue.  I put humming birds on a couple of them, and the initials of the recipients on all of them.

Yours look good.

Tom

On 4/21/2022 at 5:45 AM, munzieb said:

My wife wanted me to make another tissue box. I found a nice fret pattern for the sides. Made from 1/4" oak and fits the standard size Kleenex Tissue Box 8.2 x 8.4 inch / 20.8 x 21.3 CM. It has a 1/4" gap on the bottom for easier lifting. Finish is shellac/ gloss Lacquer. 

20220421_082211.jpg

20220421_082157.jpg

20220421_082141.jpg

Outstanding work!