New Ranks

Hi all.  I thought I posted this update, but I guess I must have not hit the submit button.

At any rate, some of you may have noticed the ranks have changed.  The old rank system was set up 12 years ago when having 1500 posts was a lot of posts.  That isn't true anymore.  You're a chatty bunch....LOL  ;)  Plus, it didn't take much to shoot to the top of the rank tier.  So I wanted to balance it out a bit more.

image.pngWe have a new system in place now.  We now have 10 separate ranks.  The higher the rank, the harder it is to achieve.  You can find your rank badge off the side of your avatar, as well as your profile.  Ranks are calculated by points.  And points are awarded for doing different things on SSV.  For example; posting a new thread is worth 10.  Responding to one is 5.  Points for uploading to galleries, helping members, emoting, joining groups, downloads, following members or content, etc.   Points aren't really visible, as far as I can tell, and are calculated behind the curtain.

I wouldn't put too much stock in your rank, though.  Its just a silly little thing that adds a bit of fun to the site.  And don't put too much weight into the rank name.  I just picked rank names based on scroll sawing themes and how long you've been on SSV (it's so much better than Rank 1, Rank 2, etc).  You may have been scrolling for decades, but your rank is Apprentice Scroller.  That's just a title you have on SSV and doesn't reflect your skill level.

Anyway, that's what those symbols mean.  Just a bit of flair for fun.  :cool:

Hmmmm, hadn’t noticed, but then I tend not to look over there unless I’m checking who posted something. 😉Let’s see what mine says. 🤔 Well, I don’t see any different about mine other then that blue ribbon in the corner maybe? 🤨 I see, I have to click and go to the profile page to see what the item in the lower left corner is. 🙂

Edited by meflick