Sandbagging to much

amazingkevin

Covid never got us. We just gained weight. We found the key is "naps". We do small tasks and then sit a spell. Maybe read a bit. That makes us sleepy. So then a nap. I've gotten more active in my shop. The weather is cooperating. Not hot or humid. 

Glad to see/hear from you Kevin. Hang in there.

Edited by OCtoolguy

11 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

Covid never got us. We just gained weight. We found the key is "naps". We do small tasks and then sit a soell. Maybe read a bit. That makes us sleepy. So then a nap. I've gotten more active in my shop. The weather is cooperating. Not hot or humid. 

Well I agree with 3 things but shop time isn,t going to happen soon. My friend came over and helped 2 hours and made things better and worse.i can see the floor in one spot but pileing stuff on my desk with no where to go is the end result.i can't get to the computer or printer.one day at a time  , but it's been a few days,5 since I tryed to make ends meet. I have to work myself to the back of thev25' warehouse where it,s nothing but wood that needs to be organized for a start that will clear up shelf space ,floor space etc. I have 13 full size garbage plastic cans full of hard wood timber , thick short stuff. I was putting them on the 2x4 shelf's a year or so ago and realized you cannot put the weight of a tree on a shelf so that's why they are where they are and on wheels.i,m just going to have to stack them one by one on the floor to open up a 10' x 10' space so I can move and still get to things.

Covid never got us. We just gained weight. We found the key is "naps". We do small tasks and then sit a soell. Maybe read a bit. That makes us sleepy. So then a nap. I've gotten more active in my shop. The weather is cooperating. Not hot or humid. 

Kevin, I feel your pain. But in miniature. My shop is tiny. But I keep acquiring more wood. I can't stand to see wood go anywhere except into woodworking projects so I keep dragging it home. I haven't gotten to saving pallets yet but I'm not ruling it out. It's probably a good thing I don't have a warehouse like you. Just take it day by day.

3 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

Kevin, I feel your pain. But in miniature. My shop is tiny. But I keep acquiring more wood. I can't stand to see wood go anywhere except into woodworking projects so I keep dragging it home. I haven't gotten to saving pallets yet but I'm not ruling it out. It's probably a good thing I don't have a warehouse like you. Just take it day by day.

Always something to hold me back. No pallets for me thank God, the weight would throw my back out quick. And to think o used to carry them on my head at work in a cold storage warehouse in 1978.

On 6/23/2022 at 10:13 AM, Blaughn said:

Coming out of the pandemic many have fallen into Human Inertia.  I think many of us suffer from it in various degrees.  I find myself in that mold as well.  For me the solution has been set a small goals.  "A body at rest tends to say at rest."  If I change that on a small level by setting small goals and accept the smallest improvement as a victory I am able do gain momentum.  For me it is the process of seeing myself as active and then take that first step.

Whether from discouragement or from depression - forcing myself to take on a small step and then building on that works wonders for me.

God bless you, Kevin.

Bruce, I,m listening to you but so far that,s all I can do.i,m willing but the body says no. I do try harder since you instilled words of wit , I just need to try harder. My favorite thing to do besides sleep is scoot around on my handicap scooter in the air conditioned stores looking for a chance to flirt. If that doesn,t work then I go in complimentary mode and seek out couples to tell the husband he has a beautiful daughter. Works everytime for the women as they come over an touch me or pat my shoulder overwhelmed to hear my foolishness. All in a day's work ,lol

9 hours ago, amazingkevin said:

Bruce, I,m listening to you but so far that,s all I can do.i,m willing but the body says no. I do try harder since you instilled words of wit , I just need to try harder. My favorite thing to do besides sleep is scoot around on my handicap scooter in the air conditioned stores looking for a chance to flirt. If that doesn,t work then I go in complimentary mode and seek out couples to tell the husband he has a beautiful daughter. Works everytime for the women as they come over an touch me or pat my shoulder overwhelmed to hear my foolishness. All in a day's work ,lol

I find that if I set small goals to do things that bring joy to others I am more motivated.  A small, random act of kindness is fuel for tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...