Early 50's Chevy Pickup

munzieb

23 hours ago, munzieb said:

My Lawn guy has a early 50's Chevy Pick Up he keep "rustic" pristine and he is very proud of it. Thought I would surpise him with this plaque.

1/8" BBPW with 1/4" backer finish is shellac and lacquer. Used my "paint In" method on the tires and grill.

20230705_082244.jpg

Sweet cutting of a sweet oldie. Please explain your "paint in" method.

Hi Gene, The technique is fairly simple. Those areas that require a bridge but may look awkward like a tire or bridges or lettering like a D or A or O, I will used the same coloring as the backer. I mostly use black acrylic since it dries fast. Anything from a craft store is OK since I brush it on . I use a super fine brush to paint over the bridges and fill in the lettering to give a continuous look. You might see one of the painted bridges on the front tire. Here is the original. Paint the areas that are light grey or just connect the lines in the drawing with the paint. Have fun.

50's Car.png

19 hours ago, munzieb said:

Hi Gene, The technique is fairly simple. Those areas that require a bridge but may look awkward like a tire or bridges or lettering like a D or A or O, I will used the same coloring as the backer. I mostly use black acrylic since it dries fast. Anything from a craft store is OK since I brush it on . I use a super fine brush to paint over the bridges and fill in the lettering to give a continuous look. You might see one of the painted bridges on the front tire. Here is the original. Paint the areas that are light grey or just connect the lines in the drawing with the paint. Have fun.

50's Car.png

Thanks for the info. I think I understand.