EX-21 help needed - Urgent

Bill WIlson

4 hours ago, Bill WIlson said:

Good news!  The EX-21 is back to being operational and purring like a kitten again. 

I received the drive link assembly last night and spent a couple hours this afternoon installing it.  Even though I'm not the greatest at taking things apart and getting them back together, this went pretty smoothly.  I'm back in business and have been sawing for the past half hour so.  I'm relieved, to say the least.  I even called Ray to let him know & thank him again for his help.  Well, back to the saw.  Let's call this case closed.

I hope you took the time to add some synthetic grease to the bearings of the new assembly. 

2 hours ago, BadBob said:

So it seems like repacking bearings occasionally would be a good idea.

Yeah I think it could save from buying that assembly every few years. I think repacking bearings every 200ish hours would be a good idea..

I mentioned before that you cannot get just single bearings and sleeves and you can only get the whole link arm assembly. Something I want to try and look into is the Jet saw parts.. I have a hunch that the bearings and sleeves for the Jet is probably the same parts.. Jet sells just the bearings and sleeves individually so next time I have a issue with a bearing.. I'm going to try ordering the parts from Jet and compare to see.. Pretty sure it's probably the same set of bearings and sleeves.. I had DeWalt bearings for when I had my DeWalt.. many bearings was the same but the inner sleeves are different so I couldn't use them on my Excalibur and I searched for the sleeves everywhere.. they are a oddball size and maybe special made or in house made for the Excalibur.. Jet saws are real similar and the parts list breakdown shows them individual.. appears to be able to order them separately from ereplacementparts.. Worth a try..