Screen display

Travis, when I go to SSV before signing in the screen has the right side banner things taking up about a quarter of the screen.  When I sign in the screen changes so that the right side banners take up half the screen and distorts the contents of the left side boxes. Once I select a thread it spreads out to the full width of the screen. Any idea why this is happening?  It didn’t always display this way. It used to display the way it looks now when I’m not signed in. 

image.png

IMG_1759.png

Hey Bruce,  not @Travis  and not experiencing what you are so no actual help in resolving immediately for you.

However, I just wanted to ask you what are you using to access SSV? Full size computer, tablet, phone? What type?  For example, if it’s a tablet, is it an IPad or a Samsung tablet? If a phone, what type? What browser system are you using to access SSV? Is it up to date? Have you tried from different browsers or different devices and experiencing the same issue? I ask because the more detail and information you can go ahead and provide Travis, the better he can troubleshoot the issue.

So for example, I am usually using my IPad and its OS software is up to date and I use Safari (which is also up to date) as my browser when I access SSV. I have not had the experience you are having. The more information we can give to Travis, the better he can attempt to troubleshoot and determine if it’s a problem with a particular type of device, a particular browser and if it’s a browser, is it only a particular version, etc.

i have tagged Travis so hopefully he will be able to look at it soon for you.

14 hours ago, meflick said:

I just wanted to ask you what are you using to access SSV? Full size computer, tablet, phone? What type?  For example, if it’s a tablet, is it an IPad or a Samsung tablet? If a phone, what type? What browser system are you using to access SSV? Is it up to date? Have you tried from different browsers or different devices and experiencing the same issue? I ask because the more detail and information you can go ahead and provide Travis, the better he can troubleshoot the issue.

Melanie, I almost exclusively use my iPad (iOS 17.2 to access SSV, using Safari.  No updates or setting changes before this started happening to account for it. 

10 hours ago, Travis said:

hmmm.....I'm not getting that.  Can you scroll down and see what's in the bottom of the right column and take a screenshot for me?  I'm wondering if something int that column is stretching the sidebar.

screenshot attached 

IMG_1762.png

12 hours ago, Millwab said:

Melanie, I almost exclusively use my iPad (iOS 17.2 to access SSV, using Safari.  No updates or setting changes before this started happening to account for it. 

screenshot attached 

IMG_1762.png

Hmmm....I'm not getting that when I'm using my iPad, either.  Two questions for you:

1. When you read SSV on your iPad, are you holding it sideways (landscape), or normal (portrait, like you're looking at a piece of paper)
  2. When you go into a thread, like this one, is it still doing it?

29 minutes ago, Travis said:

Hmmm....I'm not getting that when I'm using my iPad, either.  Two questions for you:

1. When you read SSV on your iPad, are you holding it sideways (landscape), or normal (portrait, like you're looking at a piece of paper)
  2. When you go into a thread, like this one, is it still doing it?

I’m holding it sideways, and when I go to a thread the entire screen is filled with the thread (see pic).  When on the "forums" page and hold it in portrait mode the sidebar disappears.

IMG_1764.png

Edited by Millwab

38 minutes ago, Millwab said:

I’m holding it sideways, and when I go to a thread the entire screen is filled with the thread (see pic).  When on the "forums" page and hold it in portrait mode the sidebar disappears.

IMG_1764.png

OK...try it now.  Are you still getting strange column sizes when looking at the forums?  If so, can you give me a screenshot?