Sommerville EX30 Purple Excalibur

I'd have to try for a better deal though. That's just me. I never pay the asking price unless it's already at a ridiculous low. That saw, seeing as how it's long discontinued, is in the $150-200 range. Use the parts availability thing as your bargaining chip.

4 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

I'd have to try for a better deal though. That's just me. I never pay the asking price unless it's already at a ridiculous low. That saw, seeing as how it's long discontinued, is in the $150-200 range. Use the parts availability thing as your bargaining chip.

I still try to haggle even if it's a good buy. The Free Hegner I picked up is a example.. he was asking $50 for it.. I mentioned it didn't have any blade clamps and we looked for some in the shop. Guy said well I guess I don't have any and I need it gone so if you want it take it or it's going in the dumpster, LOL.. I said okay I'll take it then.. He even carried it up the steep hill and loaded it in my car. I planned to offer $30 be he didn't let me get to the punch line.. lucky for me I turned down the $60 one the year before at an estate sale and then I bought the box of blades which once I got home I found I had 4 Hegner clamps in the bottom.😂 Box of blades was actually free too because they found it after the guy that bought the saw had already left so they said I could just take the blades and parts. 

Posted (edited)

**UPDATE**

The saw was trashed and was missing several pieces. Bearings (turned by hand) sounded OK but the guy didn't even have a plug on it so I could turn it on!! Obviously I passed on it...imagine going to buy a car and it not having any gas! Trust me it works...REALLY?!

That really is Buyer Beware...LOL

Thanks all for your input.👍😎

Scott 🇨🇦

Edited by Scott M.

21 hours ago, OCtoolguy said:

If it were for free you would try to get the to pay you for taking it off their hands. 🤣