Travis

Here's a quick tip for ya that I picked up from another magazine. Many of us will clean our scroll saw bed (or any tool bed for that matter) with WD-40 and then put a coat of paste wax onto the bed. This helps protect the bed from rust and it helps your project slide easier when working.

Next time your bed needs a quick fix, grab a sheet of wax paper and rub down the bed. It deposits a thin film of wax that will protect your bed and makes your projects slide easier. It doesn't last as long as the method I described above, but it sure is quick. Pick up a roll of wax paper at the dollar store and you should be set for awhile.

Have used this idea for decades; works well. and even just a quick rub with a candle stub. the use spreads it around.

The wax paper can be used for painting underlayment also-- if you don't rip it nothing soalks through.

I will use a scrap of it to hol;d a bop of glue when making small things and using toothpicks as glue wands.etc. Just wad up and discard when finished glueing.

I use some craft type paints for projects and will use old plastic container lids for a piant blob --these also work very well for color mixing---and just throw when finished.

• 9 months later...