new

Loskoppie

Well you'll learn in short order quick here all they will need to know about scrolling !So glad to have members from around the world set foot in the village here and walk away will more than they bargained for.Absolutly the finest info center around for the scroller here.Please stop in offen to see what you would have missed as we'll miss you if you don't.Pleasure to have you here and welcome again, :)

Hello Loskoppie Welcome to the village, there are people from all over the globe members in the village Myself I live in Mexico. Don't be shy browse around ask lots of questions Guaranteed there will be more then 1 answer on every question you ask there is just so much expertise here. If nothing else have fun and join in the morning coffee.

.../Hans

Welcome Barbara,  I also find that most people have no idea what a scroll saw is.

Actually, I prefer it that way. 

You said, ' I am new to scroll saw...'  but did not say how new.

You may want to check out the post in " General Scroll Sawing "

" Blades for New ....

Lots of information and fun.  Stop in the Coffee Shop each morning

Larry

Hello Barbara, I'm Roy from Scotland, welcome to the village. Have a wander around and see what's going on. Any questions you have just ask. In fact if you ask one question you will get about ten answers. Making tea and coffee is a prerequisite. You'll also find you become addicted, and unfortunately there's no Betty Ford drying out clinic. So come on in and enjoy. :cool: . Watch out for Larry, he usually locks the tea and coffee cupboard!!!!! LOL.

Rob Roy.

Welcome to the Village Barbara.  I'm Marg from Australia.  I have the same problem no one knows what a scroll saw is in my area either.  In Pretoria I think it is there is a GREAT pattern designer by the name a Sue Mey but for the life of me I cannot remember her web address but I am sure someone on here will know it.  Have a look around and please join in.

Marg

Welcome Barbara,

Marg is correct and if my memory serves me correctly, ( and often it does not )  I think that Sue Mey's web sight is www.scrollsawartist.com

she has many very beautiful pattern that she sells as well as a few nice free ones too. But if you are interested in obtaining some free patterns to have ago at, this is where you will mind a huge amount available and awaiting you. You have just stumbled into a vast amount of talented and not so talented people that make up our family. Here you will find some with many ,many years of experience in scrolling to some , like you who are new to it. There are many great pattern makers and some, like myself that try to make one every once in awhile.

Tell us about your experience and your saw and post any photos you may have of anythng you may have made. We love them all. compicated to very simple. We have all been where you are and understand problems of almost any kind because we have personally had our share of them.

Dick

heppnerguy

PS  D come  back here a lot and get to know us so that we can have the privilage of knowing you too

Gee wizzzz what a friendlily and helpful people you all are.  First time and I get help and welcome thank you all.

I just need to say thanks Larry for the tip on blades and let me tell you I am very new.  I have only made small patterns.

I am trying a more difficult one and will share when finished.  

I have seen Sue Mey's web and face book site.  I havetryed some small pattern's of hers.  Thank you Marg.  

I look forward to many shared coffee and chat with you.

Thank you

Barbara 

• 2 weeks later...