Greetings from South Dakota

cben

Hi fellow scrollers,

Lets see, well I live in a small town in South Dakota near Sioux Falls. I have been a Cabinet Maker for about 15 years now. I grew up in a logging family and one way or another have been in saw dust almost every day of my life. Some hobbies of mine are restoring old Harleys and building and flying model aircraft. About 18 years ago or so my wife bought me a Craftsman 16" direct drive scroll saw, it has been used off and on thru the years but never anything to exciting.

Last year I injured my arm in a bad way ( complete separation of my bicep ). As you might imagine I had a lot of time on my hands as I recovered from that. Since a 5 pound limit was put on my arm to start with I struggled to find something to fill my time, and that's where my scroll saw started to talk to me. I have used it to make many parts for my model planes since and I am ready to start branching out and try my hand at some of the other neat projects that I have seen on here. I am sure I will have lots of questions for everyone and look forward to chatting with you.

below is a pic of my current project.

post-22948-0-69583700-1400426987_thumb.jpg

Chet, Welcome to Scroll Saw Village.
As a cabinette maker, it seems obvious you have all the tools and wood you would need.
Scrolling can be almost as satisfying as building model aircraft. Actually, to me, it's addicting.
Hey, and thank you for showing us a picture of that beautiful model.
Thats what we like, pictures and questions. Bring 'em on.
Take a tour and visit the Coffee Shop daily.

Edited by LarryEA

Welcome to the Village Chet.  I'm Marg from Australia.  Once you get started on other types of projects you will soon realize you are addicted and that there is no known cure.  ;)   Please stop by often.

Marg

WELCOME CHET,Say that airplane could put the spruce goose to shame!,lol Your in good hands here,we'll never steer you wrong. Your injury sounds real bad. There's so many injured folks, here you'll fit right in! lol. I think we should have a injured forum also here. Seems to be the mainstay, lollol Lots of great reading info in all the forums and you can go back in time page after page by clicking on the page numbers at the top and bottom of each forum.You'll make lots of friends quickly here so stop in each day.Show us your saw dust pile!Show us your shop!Thanks for being our newest member,ENJOY! :)

Chet,

Glad you found us. Sometimes things happen and it turns out to be a blessing in disguise, for you it just might lead to a love affair with you scroll saw. Please do ask any questions you may have, there are a lot of talented people in The Village and you WILL get an answer to anything you ask. Come back often and soon you will feel extremely comfortable here and find out that you had a lot of friends that 'just the other day, you didn't even know, existed'

Welcome Aboard

Dick

heppnerguy