Preliminary Hawk BM26 Review - by Iggy

Iguanadon

17 hours ago, kmmcrafts said:

My saw initially had quite a lot of vibration when I first put it together.. I played around with everything I could think of.. and finally did one unthinkable thing.. I took all the bolts that hold the stand together loose.. then sort of wiggled the thing around to get everything settled in for the permanent parking spot.. tighten it all up and it's been fine ever since..    

Excellent idea! Let's hope it works for Iggy.

bb

27 minutes ago, New Guy said:

Yeah, I see these a lot , too bad they are not modern saws.  To say "Retails for $1199" might be a little deceptive since there is no current 14" Hawk being made.  Maybe that was when they were new way back when.

Edited by hotshot

Hotshot's right.. they haven't made a 14 or 16"saws saw in quite a few years.. These saws are not very desirable to many because the tension lever on the 14" & 16" saws are at the back of the saw.. Many of these are also not variable speed.. Most of these in my area are lucky to get $150 -200.. so in my mind these two are actually quite high priced for what they are.. 

Well in looking closer at the photos.. the one says ultra.. I don't think the guy even knows what he has.. because the tension lever is at the front.. Don't think they made a 216 like that.. Guessing he has a 220 there.. but then.. is it really an Ultra or just a regular 220.. Price is still on the high side unless maybe it really is a Ultra.. then Maybe..