Dream Workshop

Travis

What is your dream workshop? Is it a huge warehouse with lots of space, or something more intimate where all of your tools are in easy reach? What would you put into the workshop? Are you the type that wants one of every tool, or just the tools you really need? Dream! Dream big! What's your dream workshop?

Not that I can make your dreams come true. But maybe a very wealthy scroller signs up for the forum and sees your post and buys you everything you always wanted. What? It could happen! :eye:

first, i want my shop heated. then you can move in the lathe. first the big one, then the small one. then i need a new scroll saw. then a big drill press, and a bandsaw, table saw, planer, jointer, and drum sander. and a workbench to hold all my junk. and another workbench to work on. i almost forgot the lazy boy chair and tv and small fridge for sodas. ok, big fridge. :lol: lots of shelves to hold tools that i would probably never use. and a lumber rack with every kind of wood avalable. and a maid to clean up the sawdust and soda cans. i probably need a microwave too. i should put in a bathroom too, since i probably wont' ever leave the shop. :shock:

first, i want my shop heated. then you can move in the lathe. first the big one, then the small one. then i need a new scroll saw. then a big drill press, and a bandsaw, table saw, planer, jointer, and drum sander. and a workbench to hold all my junk. and another workbench to work on. i almost forgot the lazy boy chair and tv and small fridge for sodas. ok, big fridge. :lol: lots of shelves to hold tools that i would probably never use. and a lumber rack with every kind of wood avalable. and a maid to clean up the sawdust and soda cans. i probably need a microwave too. i should put in a bathroom too, since i probably wont' ever leave the shop. :shock:

A shop after my own heart LOL

I have my dreamworkshop. My husband built me a 24x24 workshop. I have all my tools in it, scroll saw, lathe, bandsaw, router table, belt/disk sander and a multitude of small stuff. The only things in the garage are the miter saw, table saw, belt sander and planer. I am thankful and happy with my space. I also have heat and A/C,satillite TV, a bathroom, and hot water. So what more can I ask of this wonderful man!

CJ

I have my dreamworkshop. My husband built me a 24x24 workshop. I have all my tools in it, scroll saw, lathe, bandsaw, router table, belt/disk sander and a multitude of small stuff. The only things in the garage are the miter saw, table saw, belt sander and planer. I am thankful and happy with my space. I also have heat and A/C,satillite TV, a bathroom, and hot water. So what more can I ask of this wonderful man!

CJ

Wow! :shock: I think you have my dream workshop! Give it back! :razz:

My dream workshop is one where I don't have to back out of it to make a decision (that's what it is like now). So a large space with plenty of storage for everything that is laying around now. An area where the wood is organized and easily accessible. Where scraps can be placed in bins for reuse in smaller projects (not much goes in the wood stove here from my saw). A place where projects can be layed out and not have to be move because my honey needs to use one of the other tools. A place where I can get to both of my scrollsaws and my sand flee without moving tons of things. A place where I can get to my lathe, not just his. A place where my saw is not on wheels so the workbench storage can be accessible. Oh and a place where I don't bump my head on the furnace cables regularly. Plus, ideally I would like to be upstairs so on beautiful (but cold) days like today, I can at least enjoy the sunshine but be warm (or as warm as we can make it).

CJ you definitely have my dream workshop..............I AM SOOOO JEALOUS LOL! I have very few tools right now........but my hubby is most supportive and doesn't complain too loudly when I buy tools or wood. He just comes up with another project for me to do for him lololol. He just doesn't know I WANT IT ALL yet :razz:! He already thinks I'm weird because I'd rather have tools and wood than diamonds roflmbo. I just can't seem to convince him I don't NEED jewelry............I'd rather have a new tool. I think he's starting to get the scrolling bug too...........he keeps watching everything I do and making comments like "you'll have to show me how you do that one of these days". So I'm thinking about getting him his own saw..............his birthday is coming up! I think it would be so fun to share my hobby with him........he has none..........unless you count video games ewwwwww.

Christina