scroll saw newbie

tigercub

Hello Martin, I'm Roy from the West coast of Scotland. A huge WELCOME to the forum. On reading some of the posts here you may think the forum is an International Asylum and who could blame you!!!. I noticed I have been volunteered to be your Mentor. Don't know about volunteered,more like CONSCRIPTED LOL. I'm more or less a beginner at this scrolling "lark" too, but as far as woodworking goes, we've both been in the trade for more years than we care to remember.LOL

As the Amazing Kevin said, you'll find that you will be the butt of a few IRISH jokes, as I get inundated with SCOTTISH jokes LOL so don't take offence just get your own revenge.!!!!

You will realise after a few weeks at the scrollsaw, you'll be addicted, but you will have to watch out for KEVINITIS because there is no known antidote for that ailment,(at the moment). Then there's Rolypolyosis, Larryingitis, Grampaholic, and a whole gamut of others but they are all curable. Keith is one to watch out for too, he has a problem with Pasties but you won't notice . And then there's ME. A Whisky swilling, HAGGIS hunting, KIlt wearing Caber tossing Scotsman.

Take a look at the ROGUES GALLERY and you'll see most of the inmates in their GLORY.

So, martin come on in, get scrolling and most of all ENJOY IT. Remember Martin, there are no mistakes in scrolling they are just design changes..

Rob Roy .

Edited by Rob Roy

Holy coo guys I think you scared poor Martin off! :scared:

Welcome to the village Martin! Don’t let these yahoos scare you off. Not everyone on in the village is insane. Of course it does help. :ninja:  I hope you join in and enjoy yourself here in the village. These are some of the best guys and gals you could ever hope to meet. The knowledge and skill is abundant and it really helps armatures like me. :oops: :oops:  

So wonder around the village and check it all out and then post pictures of your shop, your work and your saw. We all love to see them and see the progress you make as you learn more and more while loving every minute. :D