Coin boxes with inlay

Jim Finn

Jim, You do 'The' most amazing work. Each is beautiful in it's own right.

Are the coin and leaf scrolled with fill added?

Thank you for the kind words folks.

Yes, after cutting the outline of the leaf etc. I cut the interior lines with my scroll saw set back to 90 ° After gluing the inlay in place, I fill  in these interior cuts with a mixture of white glue and sanding powder, cedar in this case, applied using a credit card used as a squeegee.  I did the Coyote as a special order, last year, and liked it so I made this one to try to sell this summer at the farmers market I attend.

Edited by Jim Finn

Jim,

I am always excited to open your posts and see what new thing you have come up with this time. As usual, you have not disappointed me. I love what you make and it always sparks me to get back to trying some inlay again. I hope I remember your wonderful work and get back at it. Thanks for sharing your wonderful projects with the rest of us to admire

Dick

Heppnerguy

Jim as usual very nice work.  I love when you post your work.....

Looking at the Maple leaf,  Is there only one bridge at the top of the leaf that is holding is all together? very scary situation.  True craftsmanship for sure.

Thanks again for sharing...

Yes that one "bridge" did the trick. 

I make boxes, with inlays, most every day but I do not post them because I have posted them in the past.  I make as may as 25 of one pattern to sell during the summer..I do not want to bore folks with repeated posts.  I usually only post new designs, like these. Some items I sell before taking photos. Especially custom orders.