6th. eagle biggest yet 30"

amazingkevin

That is all I can say is WOW!!

Thank you Curtis,She's a biggy,lol.I would have been better off cutting  with anything but a scroll reverse blade.They lift the wood off the saw on the up stroke and cause problems if i forget  to hold it down.Know wonder my arms ache from scrolling .I use scroll reverse for years and years because you really don't have to sand the backs of projects the way they cut both ways. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by amazingkevin

Thanks Paul .Quite a few times i thought  the bird was going fly off the saw as fragile as it was getting like swiss cheese. the wings were really flapping from the scroll reverse blades pushing and pulling every stroke. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Do you use some sort of extension to the scroll saw bed or do you just support with your hand when the wing is over hanging. ?

Excellent work.

Regards

Paul

Now that is nice!

Thank you Mr.Fish ! I'm really something ,I have so much free wood an all, that it's a big problem to get to the saw.If it wasn't for that i'd scroll a little more than i do,lol.I find cabinets ,shelves,etc and to but things in a usable place usually requires major moving around of things .So i just deal with my clutter and watch it grow,lol :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Do you use some sort of extension to the scroll saw bed or do you just support with your hand when the wing is over hanging. ?

Excellent work.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,i need to make an extension for the saw again,your right ! he best i can do is hold my hand don flat on as much of the wings as i can to keep any vibration to a minimum.I've been wanting to design a work table where i'm in the center on wheels(chair) with the scroll saw ,band saw , drill press and belt sanders all flush with the table .I'd just have to rotate myself to each machine as needed when needed.I guess it's just a pipe dream i've been thinking about a long time.lol :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

bIGGER IS BETTER.

Ah you know that ! Yes money money money ,lol I exsist on so little that when some comes in im so pleased that i was able to make it with wood someones thrown away.My friend has me do projects for him in hardwoods which is a treat for me a i get the scrap for intarsias .Theres so much work i need to do in the outside tent shop so i can make it easyer for me to do work of all kinds.Funny how jobs come in and i have to dig for tools i haven't used in quite a while.I spend more time trying to find things i haven't used in years but i gotta do it .

If they get any bigger you will need a truck to haul them in. great job kevin.

Seems like  when i have to move my shops since 2006 i need a big  truck for all the  wood i accumulate.Lastbtimeb i had some biggys and justb hadv to get rid of them,moving them around and storing them would be a waste of time.Two 20" x40" 500 hole plus projects i gave away just to save them from being ruined.Thanks IKE! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Kevin, I don't know if I can cut something that big on my Dewalt 788.

bahaha!,lol, My Dewalt is the same as yours,take your time and cut with a half speed of maybe 4 on the speed control and use a #5 or #7 blade.You'll have less accidents with a bird this big by not using a scroll reverse blade as it picks the wood up on the upstroke.That adds to vibration you don't wand with the bird almost completed! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)