GIMP - calling anyone called Travis

Morning to you all.

I watched several of the GIMP tutorials by Travis and cant wait to start producing portraits. I've downloaded GIMP 2.8 and then tried downloading the user manual.

GIMP works perfectly but I cant get the manual to work.

What shows when I open the manual folder are the following folders; [i tried taking a screen shot but failed]

32, bin, etc, lib, libexec, python, share, uninst.

When I click on any of these folders I get lots of files but none of them start a programme.

I've downloaded the user manual twice but still cant get the manual working. Any ideas?

Bob

Sounds like you got the manual to work.  Usually, I go to their website for anything I need a manual for.  That way it's the most up to date.

I find YouTube to be the best place to learn new software.  If you're just looking to do Scroll Saw Patterns, I'd go through my class.  That way you're not bogged down with information that you really don't need.  If there's anything extra, you can Google what you need to know.  You can ask here too.  Lots of GIMP users that can help you out.  I've been known to throw together a tutorial when a member has a specific question.

;) ;) ;) Hi all I downloaded the videos from here that Travis did and I put them on a cd so I could set my laptop next to my big pc and watched them as I went thru the making pics to cut and it worked perfect for me...a lot of the stuff in gimp I'll never use,and his videos go right to the point... thanx Travis