Indian & Hawk.

Paul hd

Boy that looks great Paul Are you going to stain it to.

Thanks rdatelle. I will give it a coat of stain on the back plate and the frame that I will make tomorrow. I need to get a few different shades of stain. If you guys have preferred makers names for these type of products please let me know.

Cheers

Paul

Paul, that looks outstanding.  Very nicely cut.  Great detail.  You asked for suggestions on stains I think, you can't go wrong with Mini Wax They got a bunch of different ones and they all work great for me.

jim

penquin

Thanks Jim. I will look into that product. ðŸ‘

Very nicely done Paul.  Might want to check out leather boot laces.  Thanks for sharing this with us.

DW

Hi DW. Brilliant idea thanks. ðŸ‘

I had a search and found a site that sold the boot laces, they also sold it by the meter so I bought a couple of meters. I'm sure I will be re visiting this pattern in the future.

Very nice Paul. Love the way it looks, detailed and not busy. Great job.

Stains I use minwax most of the time. Just started to play with dyes from HD Lockwood.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Wayne.

Sounds like the minwax is popular. I will also look at the dyes.

Thanks for the info and comments ðŸ‘

Marg, Kepy and Dan. Thanks for the comments. ðŸ‘

Got more done today. 😀

I made a small change to the original pattern. I found that the centre piece was to close to the inside of the frame. So I just cut the pattern and made it a 1 and a 1/4 inch wider and longer. There is no need to do that, just a personal preference.

I also found a pot of wax that we got with some oak furniture that we bought a few years ago. I am meant to give the units a coat of this stuff but forgot. 😳😊

Anyway it makes quite a nice stain. I gave a coat to the backing and frame. Not done anything with the centre piece yet.

Decided to make the feathers in plastic. I like the opaque, the clear ones I will give a bit of colour. I might even make some wood ones but I need to get some 3mm ply.

Leather string is ordered. ðŸ‘😄

57a59832610fc4451ae5b338b5a87a3d.jpg

83eaf017a783651ab80c0caad55a20cc.jpg

It's kind of finished. I wanted to colour the clear feather but I like what Koehler said about keeping this as is.

I do like the plain simple look to it. That's one way of getting out of more work. 😊😜😀

The next one I will go with more colour.

This has been a joy to work on I've really enjoyed it.

Thumbs up to Sue Mey for this pattern. ðŸ‘

Thank all

Paul

ca006a5b1e3b01f0ac86fe3fbe9a97fc.jpg

73738e2388955be4cd40e124a25d596c.jpg