Another Newbie here

Sam777

Hello members,

My name is Sam.

I am a new scroller to this forum.

I have been in mechanical engineering for 30+ years. I have been called "Mr. perfect, Perfectionist, Picky..."  I am currently an engineering manager in a small company in southern California. I have always told the folks who work for me: "nothing less than perfect is acceptable". Sometimes they hated me for that, but I am proud to preach perfection.

As a teen ager I did a lot of scrolling by hand. Made lots of light chandeliers, exotic bird cages, and many other fancy pieces (no pictures of these).

In my thirties, I bought my first Dremel scroll saw and made a lot of wood pieces and tried selling at flee markets (people didn't want to pay for all that nice work).

I few weeks ago I bought a used Ridgid Scroll Saw. that thing vibrates like a tumbler. couldn't work with it.

I just got a good deal on a used Excalibur 16.

I am looking forward to asking a lot of questions (about fine tuning/setting up the blade and scrolling)

I will contribute and help as much as possible when I get more experience.

Thank you all .

Looking forward to being a member.

Sam

Well Sam, when I post a picture of my scrolling and ask for critiques, please assume that I am not asking you. :D

Welcome to The Village, The Perfect Place for Scroll Sawyers! and you Sam.

You probably will not need a lot of help but we welcome questions and give precision answers. :lol:   :roll: 

Glad to have you.  Do you fix breakfasts? 

The addiction is a communicable disease and also terminal!

It only shortens life expectancy around crabby "others"! They do not understand that it is our therapy!

Well come aboard and enjoy the ride!! Sometimes there is even "good" advice here! Do not try to cut at the speed of A.K. --I thnk he is possessed

Edited by rjR

Hello members,

My name is Sam.

I am a new scroller to this forum.

I have been in mechanical engineering for 30+ years. I have been called "Mr. perfect, Perfectionist, Picky..."  I am currently an engineering manager in a small company in southern California. I have always told the folks who work for me: "nothing less than perfect is acceptable". Sometimes they hated me for that, but I am proud to preach perfection.

As a teen ager I did a lot of scrolling by hand. Made lots of light chandeliers, exotic bird cages, and many other fancy pieces (no pictures of these).

In my thirties, I bought my first Dremel scroll saw and made a lot of wood pieces and tried selling at flee markets (people didn't want to pay for all that nice work).

I few weeks ago I bought a used Ridgid Scroll Saw. that thing vibrates like a tumbler. couldn't work with it.

I just got a good deal on a used Excalibur 16.

I am looking forward to asking a lot of questions (about fine tuning/setting up the blade and scrolling)

I will contribute and help as much as possible when I get more experience.

Thank you all .

Looking forward to being a member.

Sam

Lol, Sam you is a member,lol can see your going to be the talk of the town here in SSV! Your being a perfectionist is going to wow us in the workmanship you'll be showing us.Glad to have you! Keep coming back and don't miss a day as you'll miss out on daily tips and tricks!

The addiction is a communicable disease and also terminal!

It only shortens life expectancy around crabby "others"! They do not understand that it is our therapy!

Well come aboard and enjoy the ride!! Sometimes there is even "good" advice here! Do not try to cut at the speed of A.K. --I thnk he is possessed

Mr. Ralph!There is a difference between interested and committed.When you are interested you only do it when it is convenient.. But when you are committed you accept no excuses only results. Just AK being AK,lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Sam, welcome to the Village.  I'm Marg from Australia.  There is nothing wrong with wanting things to be perfect, my motto is 'If a thing is worth doing it is worth doing well or to the best of your ability', I too am a perfectionist.   ;)  Anyway pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Marg

glad ya found the site,sam!

i noticed ya have a question in another thread on blades for cutting acrylic which i (still) dont have An answer for.

it would probably be wise to start a new thread asking the question as sometimes a question asked in a thread on another topic can get passed up by the members here.

Sam,

We are all happy that you found us and decided we were at a place that interested you enough to join us. I am afraid that if I ware a perfectionist I would have a waste can full of  my cuttings. I do the best I can without stressing over every little thing. Keep me kind of sane. I enjoy scrolling probably more than anything I have ever done and so glad that I decided to see if I could even do it. Stick around and ask any questions you may have. I may chime in on a few and you will have to make up your mind if you think what I have to say is a perfect answer for you, or perfect nonsense. Either way, I should qualify somewhere.

Glad you are here

Dick

heppnerguy