Do you wax your Scroll Saw table top

Sam777

I 've always used Bostik GlideCote / table and tool surface sealant. Lasts longer than paste wax and will not stain wood surfaces. After each use of scrollsaw I spray the table lightly, wipe with soft cloth, and wipe second time with cheesecloth. I've had my scrollsaw for 18 years and very few scratches. This sealant also protects against moisture and rust. Excellent on all metal table tops and tools.

I wax and service my saw twice a year, once in the spring, and then again in the late fall. I own an Ex21, I've owned it for over six years and I've never had a problem with it. My previous saw was a Delta 16" 2000 series, I serviced it the same way and it lasted me 11 years. Granted, there was a few issues with the Delta, but none of them were serious.

Len

Ok Guys,

I thank all of you for the reply and advice.

NO, the scratches don't bother me, but I thought I might be pushing too much down on the wood pieces as I'm cutting. As you guys may have noticed, I am new to scroll sawing with a scrollsaw. In the past (about 30 + years ago) I used a manual scrollsaw for about 5 years (none-stop). (I tried to attach its picture but I can't find the attach button here).

I just bought a lightly used EX-16. I am still learning and have a loooooonnnng way to go some of you guys' level.

So will ask a lot of questions as I cut more.

Thank you all for the contribution :)

Sam

Yea just ask away Sam.   Lots of helpful members here with a wealth of experience and Knowledge more then willing to answer any questions you may have. 

Edited by stoney

• 7 years later...