Another "Mini" Picture

Scrappile

Finished cutting this a.m. (before I tore my saw apart).  This is a piece of Basswood about 10" x 5.5".  The picture is 8" x 3.5".  I lost a few little pieces, anyone that has done this pattern will see the places, but I had a great time with it.  90% or more done with a #2/0 Penguin Silver Flying Dutchman blade.  I beginning to really like that little blade.

IMG_2766.jpg

Dave this is what I do not understand being a new guy .Everything black is cut out.It is a black back ground?

It is quite impressive to look at all the black and know that was cut.

Tony, the answer is 'Yes'.  Where you see 'black' is where Dave cut. He either glued black background on or

the picture was taken with the 'Cabin' lying on something black.

I should have let Dave answer this, sorry Dave ... :D

Dave this is what I do not understand being a new guy .Everything black is cut out.It is a black back ground?

Over used my quota of "like" so I will say, thank you all for the very nice comment.   These little picture I have been doing just for the fun and challenge.  I will buy more of this wood at next Summer's carving show.  It is really fun to experiment with.

Anthony, Larry is correct, I glued a piece of flat  black poster board on the back of the pictures.  I use poster board.  Other use painted thin wood or whatever they like.  I guess we call it portrait cutting here.

Yesterday after I finished putting my saw back together, I wanted to try it out so I cut out a couple of Steve Good's "Plate Stands"  to hold the two little pictures I have done.  Had to down size them a little but they work great.  I think I will stain the stands darker.

post-22608-0-05925500-1456072623_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scrappile