Another "Mini" Picture

Scrappile

Finished cutting this a.m. (before I tore my saw apart).  This is a piece of Basswood about 10" x 5.5".  The picture is 8" x 3.5".  I lost a few little pieces, anyone that has done this pattern will see the places, but I had a great time with it.  90% or more done with a #2/0 Penguin Silver Flying Dutchman blade.  I beginning to really like that little blade.

IMG_2766.jpg

Paul, you did a great job cutting this one out, it looks fantastic. How thick was the blank you used?

Len

It was about 1/4".  I picked up a few pieces of basswood at a local carver show last summer. They were real cheap and I am sure to a carver they were scrap.  I'm having fun with them only have one piece left though. 

Finished cutting this a.m. (before I tore my saw apart).  This is a piece of Basswood about 10" x 5.5".  The picture is 8" x 3.5".  I lost a few little pieces, anyone that has done this pattern will see the places, but I had a great time with it.  90% or more done with a #2/0 Penguin Silver Flying Dutchman blade.  I beginning to really like that little blade.

IMG_2766.jpg

One of the all time greats!You sure handle that saw well!So much to enjoy looking at this fine cut project.Once you get your saw tightened up look out ! You'll be scrolling with a brand new saw.nothing like a new saw to work with!