General request for the pattern makers

JimErn

I would like to ask y'all to mention the font you use when you post a new word pattern.

A lot of times I like the font, but the amount of time trying to find it, when I have the time, is unreal.

Please consider doing that.

Jim

Edit:  If we had something in the pattern library, a listing of fonts, showing the font name, and some words in the font - what a resource that would be.

Edited by JimErn

Great request Jim but some of the fonts I use you can't get off font sites as they where made special for the FREE4ALL forum members which has now closed down and most of the fonts I use I edit them to do what I need, Saying all that you only have to asked and there yours. A font listing is a great idea and perhaps a link to the font site perhaps we should have a vote. ;)  :cool:  Roly

Jim,

For Word Art patterns, I tend to lean heavily on "HOLLANDALE HEAVY"

For signing it, I us "MVBOLI"

When doing a pattern, type letters that need bridges (i.e. A, D, O, P, etc.) in the center, or to the right. Click different fonts and watch for something you want to work with. I only click on what appears to be Bold.

Hope this is of help Friend.

jerry

Roly, the Free4all forum was transferred over to Scroll Saw Woodworking and Crafts site although they are having a lot of difficulty and don't appear to be interested in fixing the problems.

Did they really, I know when I'm not wanted, no one told me. I thought they all moved here. Now you've dunnit! ......Here's Johnny.  :lol:  :lol: Roly

I agree, it would be nice has a few times when I open a pattern, I get a message stating I don't have the proper Font installed.  Please NOTE: I do appreciate all the hard work that the pattern makers do for us scrollers, I know the majority of you do this out of a labor of love, and enjoying sharing with us.  You folks are amazing at what you do, in creating fun stuff for us scrollers to make in out workshops. 

-Steven

I agree, it would be nice has a few times when I open a pattern, I get a message stating I don't have the proper Font installed.  Please NOTE: I do appreciate all the hard work that the pattern makers do for us scrollers, I know the majority of you do this out of a labor of love, and enjoying sharing with us.  You folks are amazing at what you do, in creating fun stuff for us scrollers to make in out workshops. 

-Steven

Ditto!