New From SC

munzieb

Dick, Thanks for the welcome. This has been a great site. You mentioned wife's request, mine saw the hummingbird fan and wants me to make one. Does anyone know how to get the pattern. I've searched the web and have seen it but no path to actually get it. Any help appreciated. Happy wife, Happy life!

Welcome from the GREAT WHITE NORTH Bernd. That's some awesome scroll work and see you like the exotic woods as well. Some of the woods I've cut is Maple, Ash, Birch, Alder, Cherry, Lacewood, Pau Mulato, Oak, Paduick, Poplar, Walnut, Wenge, Tiger Wood, Mahogany, Purpleheart, Cedar, Holly and a few others. looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Thanks Ron, You have pretty much gone through the international forest of exotic woods! I have some nice holly trees in the yard but not ready to cut them down. I have used some holly to do some inlay/stringing on edging and legs of an elliptic table and a couple tumble block turntables using mahogany oak and poplar. Took a few 3/4" diamond shaped blocks to the chest off the table saw. Ouch! that leaves a mark! used an Integra miter and Rockler thin rip table saw jig. Check Munzie's Saw Dust Pile in User Group.