New From SC

munzieb

Glad to join the group. I had a old Sears scroll saw for several year and never really used it until I retired 2 years ago. I got hooked! Follow the line! Now, I have to have some project in the works all the time. This summer I finally retired the Sears for a Excaliber. What a difference! Thumb screw blade tightening and really quiet! I have been building several types of boxes (scroller designs) and various plaques. I was working with padauk but dust was not good. Also use Bubinga, oak and ,of course, Birch Plywood. Interested to hear from other members what type of woods they have worked with.

post-30052-0-25588200-1474306342_thumb.jpg

post-30052-0-72828900-1474306346_thumb.jpg

post-30052-0-46521900-1474306350_thumb.jpg

post-30052-0-50613900-1474306355_thumb.jpg

post-30052-0-74448800-1474306359_thumb.jpg

Very nice work!  You're doing quite well for someone only in the hobby for 2 years.  Those aren't easy projects.

I've scrolled most of the locally available, domestic hardwoods; cherry, red & white oak, maple, walnut, sassafrass. As for imported woods, I've used a little purpleheart, African mahogany, sapele and of course, plenty of Baltic Birch plywood.

Thanks all  (ya'll) for the warm welcome. There are some woods mentioned, I have not used before and need to give them a try. I'm have lots of fun using my EX-16. I am thinking about Christmas projects. Has anyone seen some plans for a German Christmas Pyramid? I have seen some videos on YouTube of the ones they build in Germany. Very intricate but oh! so expensive. I'd like to try my hand at one. (small one)

Thanks again for all your input. This website has some great scroll saw information.

I just finished a Volkner pattern and he has patterns for pyramids.   I have his pattern for a nativity pyramid I plan on starting soon.  I purchased his patterns from here:

http://woodyoubelieveshop.blogspot.com/p/patterns-on-cd.html

Also, there is a gentleman that is a member here that does those types patterns.  He may speak up.

I found his bog spot.  He has some neat German type patterns.  I want to order some soon.

http://schwibbogenbyhelmut.weebly.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Edited by Scrappile

Bernd, have you check out this site for box patterns and such?  I have several of his patterns, have cut the "Five Dragon Box" but have a lot of sanding to do in it.  He is in Spain.  Great to do business with.  Can get the patterns electronically or shipped hard copy.

http://www.finescrollsaw.com/order.htm

Edited by Scrappile

Glad to join the group. I had a old Sears scroll saw for several year and never really used it until I retired 2 years ago. I got hooked! Follow the line! Now, I have to have some project in the works all the time. This summer I finally retired the Sears for a Excaliber. What a difference! Thumb screw blade tightening and really quiet! I have been building several types of boxes (scroller designs) and various plaques. I was working with padauk but dust was not good. Also use Bubinga, oak and ,of course, Birch Plywood. Interested to hear from other members what type of woods they have worked with.

Think i'll turn in my saw blades.Compared to your work ,My thousands and thousands of project can't compare to your fabulous workmanship.Looks like i've just been making saw dust,lol.Your very gifted in your work.Keep them coming ,maybe you'll create a spark in me to do better .Thanks for showing :cool: :cool: :cool:

I downloaded and printed Book 21. Prints are reduced by 41% so I took them over to the local copy store to have them enlarged an additional 20%. The large one at 95cm, would be about 3 feet tall.! Starting on one of the small one first. Local copy store has been very helpful. They have set up a file for me in the store computer since I have several enlargements and reductions from other projects. They are cheap too. Book 21 with double copies on card stock was under $5! I am stack cutting one of the small pyramids with 1/8" BBP so I will have 2. Should be done by the end of the week. My wife with do all the painting of the figures.